What/when was the WORST hang-over you have ever had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gert Lush

My 21st was bad, I remember hugging a bowl full of sick at my mates house. Not sure how I got there.

My other bad one, I can't remember how old I was probably 18ish but I remember getting in the taxi to go home but after that it's all gone. I woke up in the morning in bed with no trousers on but wearing my dressing gown and my glasses were no where to be seen. Turns out they were by the downstairs toilet which had dried sick stuck to it. Really grim.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My worst hangover was from sometime around September 1978 to October 1982.
That was the period during which I worked in the Merchant Navy, followed by a year or so as a barman in a Scottish island pub.
Great days indeed; but there's no way I could have sustained that lifestyle without some serious damage. So in 1982 I found a sensible job and had to sober up sharpish.

dim

[QUOTE 4650892, member: 259"]The hundredth anniversary of the founding of the Alleringersleben fire station in what was then East Germany. Woke up in a border police cell, having drunk several litres of beer and most of a bottle of schnapps.[/QUOTE]

I was in the army and was based in South West Africa (now called Namibia) .... and I was sent as a signalman to a place called Swakopmund as the UN was there for peace talks (some guy called Martti Oiva Kalevi Ahtisaari was the main guy at the convention)

at that time, there was a beer festival on the beach in a huge tent, and it was for a beer company called Hansa .... (German beer) .... it was in lieu of their 50th anniversary

huge tent, live Oompah bands, free beer, loads of women, (as much as you could drink), free BBQ .....

that is the very first time that I got so drunk, that I 'lost my memory' ..... the parts that I can remember is that I had a great time but most probably made a fool of myself .... I cannot remember leaving the party:laugh:

there were many other times after that

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Mine was on a visit to some of my wifes family in Dumfries, the man of the house was something of a whisky connoisseur and he had quite a huge collection of the stuff. during our two day visit he decided we should sample some of his finer whiskies and apparently we were sampling until the wee small hours of the morning. I had the hangover from hell the whole of the following day, I still enjoy a good single malt to this day.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
@Dave7 in my youth any Greenhall Whitley beer nailed me. Warrington rubbish!

In the Welsh College of Horticulture on a party night I drank 16 cans of carling and half a bottle of southern comfort.

To this day, I only have to see a southern comfort t shirt and I feel like puking!

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Hmm my worst was probably when I had a mate over to visit me in the mid 1990's. Great to see him, we reminisced over waayyyy too much alcohol and The Jam as a soundtrack. Woke up the next morning and just the simple act of taking a breath in and out gave me a severe head pain. Lasted a couple of days.

Back in 1991 on the day before I was due to fly out to the states to see my then fiancee I had a drink with the same mate along with some others. I remember waking up in a kneeling position with my head in a cupboard on a shelf.

Things have changed for me now; I have severe migraine attacks and usually its alcohol (any amount) to blame. Interestingly I liken migraines to having a severe hangover -and I'd take my worst hangover over a migraine anyday -just without the pleasure of getting there :smile: I just don't drink anymore -perhaps a risky beer once every 3 months is my thing now -I always joke that with migraines there's never a chance of becoming an alcoholic!

Brains

Legendary Member
Rote Wine festival in southern Germany 1986 when I was old enough to know better.

Rote is a small village where each of the 30 of so houses is a very large German farmhouse, each one has a couple of hectares of vineyard out the back.
Once a year each house sets up a stall in the centre of the village everyone samples everyone else produce from the previous year.
Entry is by buying a 'Rote Flash' which in the UK we would call a traditional half pint beer mug for something like £10, and you can then drink for free.
The art is to sample at least one of the wines from every stall

I'm told I managed something like 10 stalls over the morning (so probably over 5 pints of wine at 13%)
I then slept for 24 hours at the back of the marquee whilst the rest of the party carried on around me.

pplpilot

Guru
24th September 1993. The morning after the announcement Sydney got the 2000 Olympics. I was about 6 months into a round the world back pack trip and met up with some friends, we ended up down by the opera house for the announcement, we had been drinking most the day and got in with some Aussie girls and lads then went 'partying'... I don't remember much at all but I was bed ridden for the best part of 36 hrs.

Reactions: dim

Levo-Lon

Guru
Probably when i stopped drinking...

gavgav

Guru
Easy one for me, on a holiday to Scotland with @Rickshaw Phil and his brother. It was a brilliant evening where we drunk copious amounts of Red Wine, Beer and Scottish Leader Whisky.

I was so ill the next day, spending most of it with my head down the loo xx(. Learnt a lot about not mixing drinks that day!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Another bad experience was back in the day when three piece suits were the height of fashion for a young buck out on the town. One weekend I had a skinful and was a bit rough but thought no more of it. Next Friday night when I went to get the suit out of it's plastic cover the wardrobe the front of the jacket, waistcoat and trousers were covered in dried vomit. And boy, did it stink when exposed to the fresh air.

Over my drinking years I also lost count of the pairs of trousers that had to be ditched because of cigarette burns down the front, a hazard of having a doze in the chair after I had managed to find my way home.

I'm glad I'm teetotal these days.

Reactions: dim

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Hangovers for me really did not kick in until my thirties. Before that I was practiced enough at drinking to bounce back. So although my most pissed times were late teens and my twenties the hangovers from hell have been in my thirties.

My worst involved huge amounts of vodka red bull in Chicago whilst a guest of 'the Artic Monkeys'. Aside from losing hours of my night, I was still shaking 24 hours later with the room still spinning and sick all over my hotel room. It took about a week to recover from that one.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My dad when he was a young lad- would have been maybe 1946-8

After a heavy night drinking he was asleep on a park bench in New Brighton. He was roughly woken and told to stand up by a policeman. In those days you did as he said.
The lecture ensued, and my dad tried to hold down a rising tide. To no avail! Out it came, all down the bobbys uniform!

My dad said he ran, and ran like crazy and sobered up in an instant. The policeman never caught up with him.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Woke up, laying on the verge of a main road in Corfu, miles from my resort, vomit on my clothes, how I got there I have no idea. I set off walking, feeling terrible, at the first village I saw a nun parking up a bike, it was like Mary Poppins would ride, black with a white basket up front. I watched her enter a house and then..............I stole the bike. I was desperate...........I rode it to my resort and went to bed where I stayed for a long, long time.

It was over 30 years ago but even now when I am trying to tell my kids to always do the "right thing", I keep remembering that bleedin bike and am consumed with Catholic guilt, I don't think it'll ever leave me.:sad:

postman

Legendary Member
o-POPE-FRANCIS-570.jpg
Pst i have just found out who stole the bike.Make it look like an accident.

Top Bottom