What/when was the WORST hang-over you have ever had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The thread by @gbuch in general cycling got me thinking.
So, come on, be honest..........what is the WORST hangover you have ever had.
Mine was when I was approx 19 years old. This was 1966 when you got REAL beer. We went into Liverpool for the night.
I am told I drank 11 pints and a large whisky.
The lads got me onto the train (2300) and asked someone to make sure I got off at Moreton. I woke up at 0400 in the morning.......in the railway sidings at Hoylake-some 8 miles away.
I remember staggering home and meeting up with another drunk going the same way. Unbelievable, but a guy in a car stopped and gave us a lift.
I still remember my banging headache the next day.
Never cured me though :smile:
I do have another one but will save it.

11 pints when I was 19 was a normal afternoon. :B)

screenman

Legendary Member
Whisky when I was 15 at a party in Nairobi, I'll and in bed for 3 days then got up and fell asleep on the lawn, sunstroke did me for a few more days.

Even now 45 years on just the smell of the stuff will have me close to throwing up.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Off The Tracks festival, I normally drink solidly from Thursday morning when I get there until Monday when I leave, avoiding the hangover by staying pi55ed for 5 days but when I get home...............................................takes me the rest of the week to feel 'right'.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Sometime in the early seventies I went to an Irish club with a group of cousins and a few others. I had a head cold and someone suggested that Brandy was a good remedy, so I had a taster then stayed on it all night. Mother of God, I've never had such a filthy hangover, it lasted most of the next day and I must have spewed three weeks worth of food down the sink during the night. Even the smell of Brandy makes me feel ill now, I never touched it again.

I was - embarrassingly - in my thirties, out drinking on a Friday night with work friends. It got to midnight and someone realised it was now my birthday, so they ordered a round of shots . And another. And another.... The rest of the night is a blur, except for being in a taxi with a friend who kept saying "come on joan, you must remember where you live."

I was lunching that day with my parents. I had to go via public transport, of course, and had to keep getting off to throw up in the gutter. Also spent most of lunch in the toilets.

That was the last birthday I celebrated with my parents :sad:

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Mine was about 4 years ago after my work Christmas party in Harrogate. I don't remember too much about the end of the night but I am told I was put into a Taxi outside The Viper Rooms (yes we'd been clubbin) at about 3.30am. I vaguely remember not been able to speak so I directed the taxi driver the 20 miles home using hand signals!
I woke up on the settee later that day to find I'd pi**ed all over the cloakroom floor and there was loo roll everywhere where I'd tried to mop it up!
I stayed in bed all day, I felt shocking!

keithmac

Guru
It's a toss up between dinking 2 litres of cider and half a bottle of sherry on new years eve when I was 13, a bottle and a 1/4 of rum at a house party at 16 and York Beerfest where I was old enough to know better..

Can remember coining the catchphrase "rum, it gets you p1ssed but won't make you sick", an hour later I was being supplied pints of water to vomit back up as I'd completely emptied my stomach..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Back in my rugby playing days in the late 90's, i dont recall the exact drink but it was some dodgy cocktail of drinks.
When i woke up i was blind in one eye, it took about 6 hours for my sight to be restored.
It is quite possible that i drank anti freeze or some dodgy knocked off vodka.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Aged fifteen after getting drunk for the first time... didn't really drink again till i was about 19. Had few really bad hangovers since then but none so bad it put me off drinking for three and a half years.

Tin Pot

Guru
I don't remember hangovers vividly from years ago, maybe that's why I haven't given it up?

Certainly, in bed all day without moving has happened a few times.

dim

13 years old, was in boarding school in South Africa, and I drank 2 litres of (warm) Pineapple beer (the seniors used to brew beer in the loft of the swimming pool change rooms) ... potent stuff and I was sick for 2 days (I'm sure that I had alcohol poisoning) ....

in summer, they used to brew beer from a fruit called Marula (the same fruit that Amarula is made from)... makes pretty good beer

there have been many other instances, but that was the worst

subaqua

What’s the point
I've been pi$$ed on Southern Comfort. It's a strange drink, you feel perfectly sober while you're still sitting but when you try to stand up you realise you are paralysed below the waist.
Mine was a southern comfort one too. 4 of us drank 3 bottles in a bar in a late night session after hours. Left bar at 6am. Was great till woke up next day mid afternoon . Was 21 and went out that night and drank more ( Newcastle brown ) . I want my liver donated to medical science when I finally die !

Top Bottom