What/Where shop thread - sorry if repost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Veteran
So I need to buy some more gear - 'Need' is emotive! :smile:

Issue is I find stuff online that I am fond of and then want to see it in person and try it on; rather large shape with not uniform or typical measurements.

Really like some of the items I now have and have gone off some of my first purchases. TBH, probably wouldn't have bought some of my kit if I was in a large shop and tried it on...

So where? I am London and Glos based so can travel reasonably - some giant cycle clothing warehouse thing with especially some of the slightly 'better' brands would be ideal! Should have gone to cycling show I guess.

Really want to buy a Shutt VR L/S jersey fro Autumn/winter and also a nice Gore top that looks perfect for me etc etc

Shutt VR customer service outstanding but admin wise, will probably just end up keeping items even if not 100% - I know how lazy and stupid I am - so hence, wanting to see stuff and try on in the flesh so to speak.

Any ideas and help greatly appreciated as ever :smile:

ps - is it just me that is finding it harder and harder to go out on my bike now the weather has turned? :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
The big Evans on Mortimer Street has lots of kit, from a wide range of brands. Or Cyclesurgery, big one in Victoria. Condor on Grays Inn Road sell higher end stuff, while On Your Bike at London Bridge also has a wide selection of clothes from Altura, Gore and the like

Just don't leave a bike locked up outside OYB unless it has 3 D-Locks and a Rottweiler attached :angry:

The Cycling Show was pretty poor for stuff to buy as it happens

OP
OP
S

Slaav

Veteran
Anybody used SIgma Sports near Kingston? Just across the bridge in Hampton Wick it appears....

Seems they have a reasonably broad selection of brands including some 'better' stuff?

Thanks

Top Bottom