What width can i go to on these rims>?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zumzum

Alex ASD - 1 rims and currently on Kenda K West 1.50 tyres.

I have been having a bit of a mare with punctures, and thinking the knobbly part of my route is giving the tyres a bit too much grief.

I want to go with a slightly "chunkier" tyre with some sort of punc protection. Was looking at some at around 1.9 / 2.0 would any of these be reasonable?

Any suggestions that won't need a bank loan? :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
A chunkier tyre will not give any more puncture protection but may make the ride comfier however the trade off is that they will be heavier.

The Schwalbe Marathon tyre is a great tyre for puncture proof and the marathon plus even more so however these can at times be a bit of a pig to fit.

I would stick for the same size tyee but ensure that it is pumped up the the max rating.

OP
OP
Z

zumzum

Thanks for the advice, have had yet another puncture on the way home tonight, front wheel for a change!!

My g/friend is riding the same route with me and is having no probs at all!

I think i shall investigate the Schwalbe route suggested, although i would still like to know if a 1.75 - 2.0 tyres would fit the rims?

OP
OP
Z

zumzum

Too late i have gone for the Schwalbe set up with the same sizing as the current ones. They have puncture protection so see how we fare..

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
most normal size rims will work with tyres from 1.3 to 2.10 for reference.

you will probably be able to go 1.0 and up to 2.3, but without knowing your rims specifically, i wouldn't go below 1.5 or above 2.10ish

OP
OP
Z

zumzum

Thanks for the advice guys, i am currently waiting delivery of my ne goodies and can't wait to fit them, and hopefully experience a puncture free commute!

Top Bottom