What will the U.K. be called after Scotland leave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
No matter the result, us Scots residents of Scotland are in a no-win situation.

If we get independence, and it turns out to be a disaster, then we will be a laughing stock.

If we get independence and it turns out that we are better off, then we have been selfish in breaking up the union.

If we remain part of the UK, the english will forever see us as being a burden on what they perceive as "their" United Kingdom.

So this morning, I am back to voting "yes". :smile:

Only kidding; who gives a monkeys what the english think :thumbsup:.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Brandane, I live among the English and I've yet to meet one of them who really cares either way.
 

Tin Pot

Legendary Member
USB.

United States of Britain. As devolution leads to federation amongst the other regions.


Fits well with the idiots who think of us as an extension of the USA.
 

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
When is Leeds off, Colly?

Leeds has never considered itself to be part of anything.
 

Ganymede

Guru
Location
Rural Kent
Re Great Britain...

I thought that The British Isles was the whole group (including Ireland, Man, Wight and all the little chiselly bits) and that Great Britain was the name of the biggest island in the Archipelago, ie the one with the Scottish, Welsh and English nations living thereupon, ie it is a geographical term.

Thus: The United Kingdom of Great Britain (the big island) and Northern Ireland (the top bit of the smaller island) is a geographical description of the political entity.

Where am I going with this? Haven't a clue, got to get ready for a day's cricket.

I know lots of English people who don't want Scotland to go, by the way, including all my family.
 

young Ed

Guru
another problem
article-0-0F71B62B00000578-770_634x316.jpg

Cheers Ed
 
Top Bottom