What wireless computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

Ok guys the brief is as follows for a 700c wheeled bike, what cycle computer?

Wireless
Simple to use/set up
Not GPS just speed, distance etc
Doesn't cost a fortune
Looks sleek/good

Cheers
Gav.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
cateye-strada-wireless-computer-black-41054-800x800.jpg
Cateye Strada Wireless. It's got no buttons....it is the button! Shop around though.

FreeFlow Bikes

I used the Cateye Micro Wireless before I moved onto my Garmin Edge 705.

It's a great wee computer, no frills but does what it says on the tin. Really depends on your budget as it comes in at around £44.99

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Another vote for the micro wireless here. I bought one for my road bike because it's diminuitive size fitted with the sleek lightweight vibe of the bike and I liked it so much I recently bought one to replace the failing wired computer on my hybrid. Only fault (if it can be called a fault) is the smaller screen when compared to my old Cateye Velo8.

Can be had for cosiderably less than £45 like the one I bought.

D

Deleted member 26715

your eyesight 'aint great, (the Strada has a very small screen), then the B'twin 'Count' range of computers at Decathlon are very good :thumbsup:
That's me, I bought the btwin14 as I wanted cadence & more importantly I wanted the backlight function, but it doesn't work, it flashes on then straight back off again.
But in daylight it's very god if a little awkward ti use.

Alan...

Boon 51

Veteran
+1 for the Strada, but if you don't want to spend that much, or your eyesight 'aint great, (the Strada has a very small screen), then the B'twin 'Count' range of computers at Decathlon are very good :thumbsup:

I've linked to the Count 8 version, but even cheaper ones are available too. FWIW these are the easiest computers I have ever set up.

As the song goes... You took the words right out of my mouth...

I got a Cateye and as you say its very small and I cant read it properly so its in the adds.. then I got a B Twin count 8 and fitted it yesterday.. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom