What would a holidaying cyclist want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kendalcottages

kendalcottages

I like the idea of the thoughtful touches such as bike pumps, books/maps (we provide some books of local interest already, but not specific to cycling), etc. But isn't a pump something any cyclist would have with them? My only reservation is that it's just an apartment and space it at a real premium. I know a bike pump doesn't take up much space but by the time we've stuffed the storage cupboard with things like vacuum cleaner, clothes dryer, iron/ironing board, torch, dustpan and brush, etc., space becomes more and more of a premium.

It becomes more difficult still when we try to cater for others such as climbers, birdwatchers, fishermen, etc. If we provided all the extra touches for them, too, stuff would be falling out of the cupboard the moment they opened it! :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
kendalcottages said:
I like the idea of the thoughtful touches such as bike pumps, books/maps (we provide some books of local interest already, but not specific to cycling), etc. But isn't a pump something any cyclist would have with them? My only reservation is that it's just an apartment and space it at a real premium. I know a bike pump doesn't take up much space but by the time we've stuffed the storage cupboard with things like vacuum cleaner, clothes dryer, iron/ironing board, torch, dustpan and brush, etc., space becomes more and more of a premium.

It becomes more difficult still when we try to cater for others such as climbers, birdwatchers, fishermen, etc. If we provided all the extra touches for them, too, stuff would be falling out of the cupboard the moment they opened it! :biggrin:

They would yes, but a track pump is so much better for getting a good high pressure, or doing a few bikes, than a hand held one. I know what you mean about space though, and catering for everyone.

We need an integrated trackpump/ironing board....

Good info! It's a nice idea to cater for specific interests.

OP
OP
kendalcottages

kendalcottages

Arch said:
They would yes, but a track pump is so much better for getting a good high pressure, or doing a few bikes, than a hand held one.

Ah, right... I see.

Arch said:
I know what you mean about space though, and catering for everyone. We need an integrated trackpump/ironing board....

Now you're talking... :biggrin:

Arch said:
Good info! It's a nice idea to cater for specific interests.

Thanks... I'll try to add a bit more, but hopefully it's a good base to be starting with.

You know the link in your signature doesn't work, at least not for Firefox. It has no .com or .co.uk at the end.

Top Bottom