What would you do? (Friend owes me money)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
Hi all
I booked tickets for a gig, for myself, Mrs F, a friend and his wife.
Just before the gig, the friend phoned to say he and his wife were delayed, and couldn't make it. It was a good gig, On the phone, he said he'd give me the money anyway, which was fair enough. I've seen him twice since then, and he's made no mention of it, and politeness has stopped me bringing the matter up. It's £30, and yes, i can afford to lose £30, but ... it's annoying me :smile:
What would you do?

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago .... I never got my money as i didn't like to ask....bit of a learned lesson that was never repeated....shame you have to ask for it back I always thin

It was Pharis and Jason Romero... they were brilliant :-)
http://pharisandjason.com/about.html
Never heard of em?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm a bit forgetful and so I normally tell people to feel free to ask again if I haven't done what I'm supposed to do, so this weekend some one sent me a message but I wasn't near my purse so I apologised and told them to re-ask if I hadn't paid up by the end of the weekend. Luckily I remembered and paid up without the reminder, which would have been embarrassing but less so than not paying at all.

A friend of mine is always eager to get out her purse at cake stops, and we don't repay each other the exact money but try to take turns at buying.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Kidnap his wife and kids and hold them for ransom, or just write it off.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi all
I booked tickets for a gig, for myself, Mrs F, a friend and his wife.
Just before the gig, the friend phoned to say he and his wife were delayed, and couldn't make it. It was a good gig, On the phone, he said he'd give me the money anyway, which was fair enough. I've seen him twice since then, and he's made no mention of it, and politeness has stopped me bringing the matter up. It's £30, and yes, i can afford to lose £30, but ... it's annoying me :smile:
What would you do?

How about starting a thread on an internet forum that you know he's a member of, let him watch the list of suggestions get more violent and creative, and wait for the money to roll in?

Thomk

Guru
Choose one of the following options: A, B or C.

A - In this order:
  1. Read The 33 Strategies Of War from cover to cover - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1861979789?*Version*=1&*entries*=0
  2. Synthesise the perfect response - e.g. declare your friend the enemy, cut all contact with him, invest all your recourses into victory or death (this is only a suggestion, the book will suggest the perfect response)
  3. Once victory is achieved move to phase two - get on with the rest of your life with your chimp appeased (You may need to read The Chimp Paradox to understand the last reference - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chimp-Parad...=1432626045&sr=1-1&keywords=the+chimp+paradox).
B - Ask for the money. After that you will know where you stand with him which after all is the main thing.

C - Write it off, never mention it again and move on. In this case you will certainly need to read The Chimp Paradox (link in option B) as your Chimp will need to be appeased in an alternative way, chocolate perhaps (this is only a suggestion, the book will suggest the perfect appeasement).

screenman

Legendary Member
That is a lot of monkeying about, why not just ask them outright.

The Chimp Paradox is a great book, and one I turn back to quiet often.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Taking out a contract is far less daunting than many people imagine, and easy payment terms are available.

Fo a small consideration, my younger brothers will collect the debt. With a collective weight of eighty stones, their threats are not to be taken lightly.

Top Bottom