what would you do if....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Definitely apply for it.
If you get the job and it turns out to be what you had always hoped it was then think how happy you will be. If it turns out to be crap put it down to experience. Move on again.

OP
OP
cyclenic

cyclenic

ok for those who are intreagued, the job i always wanted to do is become a firefighter.

i think i'll apply, like you've all said i would regret it if i dont.

:laugh:

TWBNK said:
I am at the wrong end of the pay progression to be able to do that. In fact I see myself doing the same job for another twenty six years :laugh:

Go for it - get out while you can.

Alex

(thiswillbenothingkid)

+1, I applied to be an air traffic controller to shut my dad up who had banged on about the job from the point i left school. They accepted me (which was a surprise) and as i had nothing to lose thought i'd give it a go. I really enjoyed the first few years; but now i'm a slave to the very good salary but the job doesn't have enough people stuff in it. I'd say go and do what you've always wanted to.

windy

buggi

Bird Saviour
little word of advice... (and i know this from personal experience)

what they are looking for in your tests is someone that won't give up when the going gets tough. so when they ask you if you've had enough, even though you will probably be fecked from rolling out and rolling up hoses for the past half hour...say "no, i'm okay thanks" and carry one with the task in hand.

and if you don't get in first time, apply again. and again and again. A few (not many) recruit from outside their county so it's worth checking that out too as there is a lot of competition for jobs.

and get REALLY fit... competition is tough.

But above all GO FOR IT. don't get stuck in a rut or in a job that pays too well to leave even though you don't enjoy it.

All the best x

Top Bottom