What would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Soon it will be my birthday, Mrs Mortiroloboy keeps asking me what I would like, I have told her to give me some readies and if any other family members ask her what I'd lke to tell them the same. Then I can do some upgrading!

My dilemma... Your assistance if you would. <ahem> Now, do I buy a Campy Mirage Groupset, currently on sale at Probikekit and fit it to my winter hack, currently running a mixture of Shim*no 2200 and truvativ, which will mean changing the freehub on my virtually new Aksiums, I could then swap the
R7's off my Wilier (short term) and look for better wheels come the Spring/Summer.

Or do I buy some better wheels for my Wilier to replace the Fulcrum R7's
(Wilier is all Campy G/S) and keep the basic, (but it works) mixture of Shim*no/truvativ which is currently on my winter bike.

Your thoughts most welcome.:tongue:

Dave5N

Über Member
Go get a Dura Ace Group set for the W; and an Ultegra one for the WH. Then get a set of properly built Open Pros on your shiny new DA hubs.

Or option two as you described.

Hope that helps (Smiley thing - I'm in quick reply)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dave5N said:
Go get a Dura Ace Group set for the W; and an Ultegra one for the WH. Then get a set of properly built Open Pros on your shiny new DA hubs.

Or option two as you described.

Hope that helps (Smiley thing - I'm in quick reply)

Yep that has my vote. And here's a smiley thing :smile: :biggrin: :tongue:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Sorry to seem ungrateful, but that's not really helping me, I can expect £100 from the Mrs, maybe, maybe, just maybe about the same combined from the rest of the family, plus the £140 I have 'hidden' away, so possibly a total of £340, so New wheels for the Wilier or an upgrade G/S for the SCR4?

Dave5N

Über Member
He's inside?

And they let him ride a bike?

It's namby-pamby dogooding wishy-washy liberal political correctness gone mad!

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Dave5N said:
As I said (but yu didn't read!)

Option two - new wheels for the Wilier

Ooops sorry, missed that, I was tired:blush:

Aperitif said:
...gets those free at the nick...:angry::ohmy:

:wacko: Tee hee, we have to get those destroyed, tut tut!

Fab Foodie said:
Go for the best wheels and tyres you can. No question.

Are Michelin PR3's out yet?

Cheers for that FF, as ever the voice of reason;)

Keith Oates said:
Go for the wheels get's my vote as well. What this talk of Campy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er, Campagnolo, but you knew that really.:tongue:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Parkers have got Campag Zondas @ £250 and Neutrons @ £325 a pair, so just remains to be seen how much wonga I get given, as to which pair I can afford to get, I have to say that the Neutrons do look very nice, both spec wise and visually too.

Top Bottom