What would you have done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My friend and I had an altercation with a woman and her alsatian yesterday in north yorkshire. We stopped in a village to check our map, and because the main street was busy and a bit narrow, we hitched our bikes onto the pavement so we could look at the map safely NB we weren't riding on the pavement!!!

Along comes woman with dog, who says 'take up all the pavement why don't you' (I was taking up about 1/3 of the pavement and if I had been another pedestrian she wouldn't have said anything), to which i replied 'i was trying not to get run over actually', to which she replies 'get off the pavement you fat effing cow', to which I replied 'screw you!' and then she said something similar, and then my friend joined in. We are both like a pair of rottweilers once we get going and cannot resist a raging argument with a random stranger. I am absolutely terrible for it. I will carry on with venom even if I am in the wrong - I guess it is because I harbour a general contempt for humanity, in which I include myself, of course.

My point is we both felt awful about it afterwards because we had got so angry. So, we reminded ourselves of an article in the guardian recently which said that if you respond to people like that then you are engaging on their terms, not yours. And you are sinking to their level.

So, RISE ABOVE IT PEOPLE!

I will try to take my own advice in future.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Let it go...life is too short. And be serious, anyone eating pot noodles at 9am is by definition beyond redemption.

mangaman

Kirstie said:
My friend and I had an altercation with a woman and her alsatian yesterday in north yorkshire. We stopped in a village to check our map, and because the main street was busy and a bit narrow, we hitched our bikes onto the pavement so we could look at the map safely NB we weren't riding on the pavement!!!

Along comes woman with dog, who says 'take up all the pavement why don't you' (I was taking up about 1/3 of the pavement and if I had been another pedestrian she wouldn't have said anything), to which i replied 'i was trying not to get run over actually', to which she replies 'get off the pavement you fat effing cow', to which I replied 'screw you!' and then she said something similar, and then my friend joined in. We are both like a pair of rottweilers once we get going and cannot resist a raging argument with a random stranger. I am absolutely terrible for it.

My point is we both felt awful about it afterwards because we had got so angry. So, we reminded ourselves of an article in the guardian recently which said that if you respond to people like that then you are engaging on their terms, not yours. And you are sinking to their level.

So, RISE ABOVE IT PEOPLE!

I will try to take my own advice in future.

I would have been a bit nervous about the alsation ;)

rsvdaz

hmm..litter dropping is a big bug bear of mine..I would have asked her nicely to put it into a bin..sometimes the shame maes them see the error of their ways...if I see someone walking and drop something I shout out excuse me..i think you have dropped something...9 times out of ten they go back and pick it up..god i sound like victor meldew!! lol

I remember one evening a few years back I was attending a black tie do and left the house all tuxed up...as i got into my car i noticed a man with a jack russel on a lead the dog was circling around so knew it was about to dump..so i waited around pretending to do something in the car..and sure enough after the dog finished his business..the man walked on..I got out of car and said excuse me your dog has just shat in front of my house..the man replies..i havent got anything to pick it up with...told him thats his problem and should be more of a responsible dog owner...i have 2 youngters who i dont want to be treading in your mess..or worse...eventually the man picked up the mess in his bare hands and walked off

rsvdaz said:
...eventually the man picked up the mess in his bare hands and walked off

What, really? How did you persuade him to do that? You could threaten me with almost anything before I'd pick up dog shoot with my bare hands.;)

rsvdaz

Rhythm Thief said:
What, really? How did you persuade him to do that? You could threaten me with almost anything before I'd pick up dog shoot with my bare hands.:wacko:

perhaps i looked menacing in my dj? xx(

bouncer-500.jpg

montage

God Almighty
what I would have done.
1. Pick up the pot noodle pot
2. take it back to my car and save it for later
3. take her (its) registration plate
4. stalked her home - if this was unsuccessful then I would have to use the regristration number to locate her.
5. Commence stalking
6. keep "accidently" bumping into her and give her compliments
7. commence the flirting procedure - such a girl is bound to be single and desperate
8. after flirting has been deemed successful, go meet the family
9. carry this on for several months, and eventually propose to her
10. slowly, one by one, arrange to meet her immeadiate family one by one in dark places...dark alley ways will suffice.
11. a brief snap of the neck should do it, but kill off the family
12. dehydrate the bodies completely to a dust
13. place dust in pot noodles pot you have stored all this time
14. take wife on hooneymoon to remote desert island
15. offer her the pot noodle
16. ask how this new flavour tastes
17. leave early in the morning, catch the plane, ensure you have left a note by the bed explaining all

Top Bottom