Whatever happened to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
When you just went and did things that weren't marketed an an 'Experience' everything has to be a bl**dy experience these days.

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I must live in a timewarp, still have Sunday afternoon live gigs around here. Mind, if I drink enough, amnesia kicks in.
Sadly nothing round here. Used to be a great live pub just over the bridge in Camden. Probably a wine bar now.

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Although Broadstairs has a Blues Bash in February over three days so looking forward to that.

All uphill

Still rolling along
When things were authentic, not "authentic".

There's still a few places that just do what they do without having to put on a show.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A nearby bar has an 'artiste' on the first Sunday of every month. It's usually a guitar with backing tracks stuff. Not really 'my scene' as I can't talk or hear over the music. Sometimes they have a acoustic session which is ok.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Surely that's the idea of listening to a live band, if you want to have a chat you would go when there is no music on?
Went to a gig last night and stood with a couple of friends who, instead of keeping the chat to a minimum and the watching/listening to a maximum, wanted to chat chat chat and treat the gig as background music... which is all well and good but, not when you actually want to watch the gig. I wondered off after a few minutes. :blush:

Top Bottom