What's a bent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Try asking for one in H*lf*rds. Come to think of it, has anyone here asked about 'bents in H*lfr**ds? :smile::evil::rolleyes:

NickM

Veteran
Maz said:
...I must try a 'bent one day. Somehow.
You could try coming along to Get Cycling in Nottingham on May 25/26th.

There are likely to be recumbent cyclists there - if you ask nicely, I dare say one will let you have a go (we're a teeny bit evangelical, as you may have noticed ;))

domtyler

Über Member
Recumbents are mainly for freaks, weirdos and people with beards who don't know how to ride a normal bike. They are impossible for normal people to ride due to the proportions being designed for non standard people.

This opinion is likely to change as soon as I can afford to buy one of course! ;)

wafflycat

domtyler said:
Recumbents are mainly for freaks, weirdos and people with beards who don't know how to ride a normal bike. They are impossible for normal people to ride due to the proportions being designed for non standard people.

I qualify on all points apart from the beard and I do know how to ride a normal bike ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Waffles is a very pretty non-standard from the angle I'm looking at!
*feels disgusted with self*
*vows not to take Captain Jack as role model any more*

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat said:
I qualify on all points apart from the beard and I do know how to ride a normal bike :smile:

Well, we only have your word on the lack of beard, your avatar is clearly no stranger to Photoshop! :evil:

cyclebum

wafflycat said:
Certainly the 'bent trike didn't take any getting used to at all. Don't equate the Spawn of Stan that is a gym bike with a *proper* 'bent. It's like comparing an upright gym exercise bike with a proper upright bike: apples & oranges.

Point taken, apart from x-biking I avoid the gym bike normally, but when away from home some hotel gyms (if there is one) have limited equipment. That is when I usually resort to the bike of whichever type is available as I am not a runner so treadmills are a bit of a bore!

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat_avatar.jpg

Top Bottom