What's a Comfy saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flanker37

Charge spoons seem to get rave reviews everywhere, but these are mostly from mountain bike riders.

So would this still be a good place to park my bum for 60-80 mile day rides i do when i am not at work

cheers

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Charge spoons seem to get rave reviews everywhere, but these are mostly from mountain bike riders.

So would this still be a good place to park my bum for 60-80 mile day rides i do when i am not at work

cheers

I've not looked for anything other than a Brooks B17. All but one of my bikes are fitted with one.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Another B17 fan here too. Can ride all day with no probs. On my road bike I have a san marco regal, which is ok, but not comfy all day:angry: I've tried a charge spoon after good reviews & found it awful & for me the spesh toupe wasn't any better. So some peoples favourite will not suit your bottom, but I'd recommend trying a B17 :thumbsup: SJS always used to be as cheap as anyone for new B17s not sure nowadays tho.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
b17 here too. i did a 100 mile each way weekend ride on a b17 special, and it was perfectly comfy.

another decent saddle i've done big milage on is the wtb rocket, which is a bit cheaper and more modern looking.

andym

Über Member

cheers

SFAIK there's no significant difference between moutainbikers' arses and touring cyclists' arses.

Saddles are very much a matter of personal preference: they come in different shaps and sizes and constructions and there's no guarantee that the fact that lots of people like Brand X means that you will too. Personally I became a convert to leather saddles - but in contrast with a lot of people on this forum, I really didn't get on with the B17.

For £25 the Charge Spoon it looks like pretty good value, and could be worth a worth a punt. You may love it or you may not - unfortunately there's no way of predicting in advance.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
SFAIK there's no significant difference between moutainbikers' arses and touring cyclists' arses.

Except that they tend to spend less time in the saddle, even while they're riding.

Anthony

I have a Brooks B17 Imperial and would highly recommend it. The imperial is different to the normal B17 as it has a cut out section around the gentlemen's area to relieve pressure.

Top Bottom