What's a reasonable rate of pay for temp work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Panter said:
Thanks all :biggrin:

Yup, I'm not interested in screwing people for what I can get, it's probably where I go wrong :cheers:
I can't pay him the same Hourly rate as the other technicians, because it's a few hours here and there, it has to suit both parties.

Ok, you can argue that it's then not fair on the existing guys but I'm sure they'd rather have the security (or as secure as anything can be at the moment) of full time employment rather than working a few Hours here and there.
True, you should pay him more. 10 squid an hour seems a bit tight to me.

Does this job not require any qualifications?

How the heck does someone get by on 10 quid an hour for just a few hours a week?

ASC1951

Guru
marzjennings said:
How the heck does someone get by on 10 quid an hour for just a few hours a week?
He finds somewhere else to employ him for the other hours.

I suppose if he could only work one hour a week, you would expect him to be paid £400 an hour?

ASC1951 said:
He finds somewhere else to employ him for the other hours.

I suppose if he could only work one hour a week, you would expect him to be paid £400 an hour?

If I was going to try and get by on just one hour's work a week I'd expect a lot more than £400 for that hour.

And whenever we book in consultants for temp or long term projects the rates are always dependent on the amount of hours to be billed. E.g. $300 for an hour, $2000 for a day and subsequent reductions for week, month or yearly contracts.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Are there skills involved in this lab work. If there are then these need to be considered in the pay.

If it's the lab equivalent of office filing/making tea, then the minimum wage will do IMO.

Top Bottom