What's been the best received present you've ever bought ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dec 1993, approaching the first Christmas of what had started as a holiday romance in the summer, what to get her ? Hadn't a clue but then after several hours of visiting what felt like every shop in town, there he was, a large teddy bear. Perfect I thought ! And so it was, we and the bear remain happily together 21 years on.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Ahhh.

stephec

Legendary Member
Dec 1993, approaching the first Christmas of what had started as a holiday romance in the summer, what to get her ? Hadn't a clue but then after several hours of visiting what felt like every shop in town, there he was, a large teddy bear. Perfect I thought ! And so it was, we and the bear remain happily together 21 years on.
Did it happen here?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
For Mrs V or for someone else? :whistle:

It was part of a three ring sequence

1. Engagement ring
2. Wedding ring
3. Suffer ring

with a Nomad Mk2 in it?
Nope not quite :laugh: we collected those by car on very snowy day in November/December 2010

I didn't know you played cricket? :smile:
:laugh:

I have 2 much younger brothers and sisters. There are 17 years between myself and the youngest and I very quickly learnt growing up that if I wanted to keep my present to me and it not get destroyed, that i left opening my present till last and later when I was alone (I'm the eldest of 4). I carried on doing this with my husband for a number of years, just putting my present aside because it was such a habit to open later when it was quieter. One year after my beloved SLR camera had finally given up the ghost and the camera shop refused to repair it yet again, and with the way our finances were back then not being able to afford to replace it, my husband gave me a box for Christmas which I promptly put aside to open later... :whistle: you can probably guess the rest. It was a brand new SLR camera which he had saved up to purchase. To say he was a little upset and perplexed was an understatement... He is 1 of 4, but number 3 so never experienced the issues of being the eldest and the one who was expected to look after the youngest 2. The episode is always referred to as 'the box' as he had come to understand me better over the years :blush:

Top Bottom