What's eating my rocket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
As per thread title, something is tucking into my delicate leaves?

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Slugs or snails? Although my hosta a pot surrounded by copper rings has been attacked so is there a plant muching insect at large?

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Go out at dusk or dawn, and you'll see! Holes look too small for slugs, but could be small slugs. IME slugs and snails will leave a lot of trails and larger sections of leaf will be gone, or it will have larger holes which are joined together. Time to put some glasses of cheap beer next to it?

OP
OP
newts

newts

Veteran
I think it insects due to the small holes, but can't see anything. No sign of slugs in or near this pot, they're too busy eating the cucumber plants at the moment. Any tips for pest control on edible leaves would be appreciated.

tom73

Guru
Flee beatle
Best thing is to keep it well watered and generally healthy it will soon recover they do little long term harm.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yup flea beetle is the smaller pin holes - they favour dryness- Plus the bigger ones could be slug damage .

The slugs will be lurking under the pot and coming out to feed at night.

As others have said the holes wont affect the taste - or even productivity much .

I only grow wild rocket indoors ( polytunnel) in summer because of the flea-beetle.

They're small and shiny and black - and jump about - hence the name

But its only cosmetic .

Top Bottom