What's everyone wearing??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dyingfly

Hi folks,

As I am fairly new to road cycling, I am taking more notice of what people are wearing. I would be ire rested to know what your tips are for layering up for the spring/Autumn time. I'm looking around thinking that everyone is wearing a long sleeve jersey on top with nothing else over that unless it's hammering down. Is there any good gear that people - not names of brands for example , but what the actual item is. Cheers

JoshM

I'm the east coast of Scotland and wore a pair of bib shorts, base layer and long sleeved 'winter' top with some thin gloves today for my ride. Weather included snow/sleet/hail, and warm spring sunshine. My clothing felt about right to cope with the changeable conditions, and I was never boiling or freezing, though I was cool and warm at times. I also had a light and small waterproof jacket in my bag for if the heavens really opened.

It is a difficult time of year to dress for. At least in the summer, and in the winter particularly, you know roughly what you're in for!

Kajjal

Guru
At the moment a base layer and jacket unless it gets colder and i add a Jersey. A few thin layers means if it warns or cools during the ride you can adapt. Still have full gloves on but will swap to mitts soon.

At the moment bib tights to keep my knees warm but shortly will switch to bib shorts.

Combat trousers with a funky camouflage pattern, walking boots, T-shirt, maybe even a 'breathable' t-shirt if I think of it, sweatshirt, thin, waterproof-ish jacket, woolly hat without a bobble 'cos bobbles look silly, and woolly gloves. Good for twenty miles, at least.^_^

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Leggings and layers for me, but if the weather would warm up fractionally I would abandon my winter jacket, and go for a slightly thinner one but it was such a cold wind last week it came back out again. Just waiting for the day when I set out in 3/4 lengths... Any day now I expect!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yesterday was, bibs shorts and knee warmers. On top was windproof base layer and long sleeve jersey. Unfortunately it chucked it down so I had to wear my rain jacket for most of the ride. Temperature was perfect.

BikeCurious

Über Member
Today I will be wearing bibshorts, knee warmers, short sleeve jersey + arm warmers and a windproof jacket. If it's raining I'll wear a cycling cap under my helmet to keep the rain out of my eyes.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I aired my knees for the first time this year yesterday. Merino base layer under long sleeved Aldi top. Still wearing winter boots tho.

Top Bottom