What's good in your life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hilldodger said:
Yeah, but I live south of Leicester and Cyclemagic is in the centre. MM is in the north:evil:

So, while those of us in MM were burning the last of the furniture to keep warm, you were harvesting your grapes. :rolleyes:

Having less (or even no) 'work after work' to do in the evenings and at weekends. I never realised how much work was taking over my free time until I changed jobs. I never intend to let that state of affairs happen again.

got-to-get-fit

My 3 year old son. Its his birthday soon and
Just spent over a hundred quid on Postman pat, thomas the tank and roary the racing car. Utter tat really but i didnt mind one bit. In fact i cant stop grinning i just want to give him it right now.

beanzontoast said:
Having less (or even no) 'work after work' to do in the evenings and at weekends. I never realised how much work was taking over my free time until I changed jobs. I never intend to let that state of affairs happen again.

Quite right too. It amazes me how many people in this country are prepared to do hours and hours of unpaid overtime at home. One of my primary criteria when I was deciding what career to go for was "how little work can I actually get away with doing?":biggrin:
Good things in my life ... er ... my band (sometimes). And my girlfriend and our nice cosy (rented) house. Not living in Wolverhampton any more.:rolleyes:

bonj2

mickle said:
A red squirrel I hope, greys are widely considered to be vermin.

Nope, a grey. Sorry. But, us humans are probably 'widely considered to be vermin' in the grey squirrel community.

TVC

1. Setting off for work at 7.50 and being home by 4.35 leaving company business behind.
2. Discovering gliding: Gliding v powered flight is like cycling v motorbikes: same special rituals and outfits, same principals but much quieter, same rivalry - but we all agree it's better than spending the afternoon in a pub, getting bladdered and watching puffball on TV.
3. My partner Louise
4. My Orbea
5. My cat
6. My new stainless steel saucepan set
7. Paying for the education of a boy in Botswana (my sisters project, she died last year and so I picked up her commitment) - it's the best way I can remember Alison.

These are of course not in order of importance - clearly the pans mean most to me.:rolleyes:

Richie1964

The first thing that comes into my head is my kids. Well I say kids, but 2 of them are legally adults now - I started early!
2 sons (20 and 12), and a daughter (18). Split up from their mum about 11 years ago but I have always seen them when I can and have a wonderful relationship with all of them. Pure, unconditional love.

My family and partner, who are all wonderful people
My home, which is almost finished after 4 yrs work
My friends, without whom I'd be struggling...
but most of all...
My health, after years of battling with multiple health problems and overcoming a disability I'm finally getting on top of it and feel really well.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Sunny autumn days
Discovering new places
Pies (2 great butchers here in Melrose)
Cooking (especially the smell of freshly baked bread/cakes)
Steadily improving my MTB skills (I'm,like, super stoked to the max dudes:smile::evil::smile:)
Living just down the road from GT & Inners
Looking at least 10 years younger than I actually am
Cheesy ass 80s pop
Cheesy ass action flicks
Lots of good music around (Iron & Wine, Editors, Coral etc)
Having at least 3 free months to devote to photography when my current job finishes in a week
Seeing the folks again for the first time in months

Top Bottom