What's happened to lasagne verdi sheets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't know if this is a local phenomenon or a national change but in the last few months my local Sainsbury's have stopped stocking Lasagne Verdi sheets. Now this has not gone down well back at Skol Mansions as the pale 'ordinary' lasagne is much less popular with Lady Skol and the young lords!

Anyway, today I popped into the nearby Asda thinking they should have it and I would buy several packs so it was in the larders ready when needed. They don't have any either. What in blue blazes is going on! :cursing:

This is surely a national staple food stuff? How can the supermarkets delist it, or is it just not as popular with the peasants in my locality?

Candaules

Coloured pasta was a fad of the 80s. It didn't taste any better, and in some cases, tasted worse. I was given a packet of 'artisanal' coloured pasta for Christmas. According to the label it had been forced through 'traditional bronze dies'. The taste and texture were like cardboard.
I cooked lasagne yesterday, with white pasta sheets. It tasted fine.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
it+isnt+fair.gif

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Lasagna verdi is just coloured - it doesn't taste any different. Lasagne verdi all'uovo is egg pasta and tastes 18% yummier.

vickster

Legendary Member

booze and cake

probably out cycling
All this hot on the heels of the great Heinz baked bean scandal, its outrageous. The manufacturers can't seem to tell if a horse has slipped into the lasagne so noticing a change in lasagne from green to white is way beyond their powers.

Top Bottom