What's happened to lasagne verdi sheets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

julietta

went to buy the same today from local sainsburys and found it had vanished so tried tesco to no avail either!!!
where has it gone? as being of italian descent i have always used the verdi as it is made with spinach and although the taste is very similar it is not stodgy like the white pasta and holds together hundred per cent better.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Pasta is durum wheat pasta without added shïte or indeed with taken away shïte, green pasta is utter nonsense and the worst offender of all is wholewheat pasta which is the work of the Devil himself.

I always used to wonder why an area in the North East of England was the centre of the pasta wheat universe.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Chicken Bisto gravy powder has also been hidden for quite a few years . You can get the beef one but chicken is all granules now . Odd they can still get it ooop north though .

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you're asking for Lasagne Verdi they probably think you're looking for an Italian composer.

It might be green lasagne, or lasagne verde you need....?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Pasta is durum wheat pasta without added shïte or indeed with taken away shïte, green pasta is utter nonsense and the worst offender of all is wholewheat pasta which is the work of the Devil himself.

I always used to wonder why an area in the North East of England was the centre of the pasta wheat universe.
And one of the few things I'm allergic to. No idea why, I can eat wholemeal bread etc but wholewheat pasta makes me feel incredibly sick and covers me in a rash.

I don't know if this is a local phenomenon or a national change but in the last few months my local Sainsbury's have stopped stocking Lasagne Verdi sheets. Now this has not gone down well back at Skol Mansions as the pale 'ordinary' lasagne is much less popular with Lady Skol and the young lords!

Anyway, today I popped into the nearby Asda thinking they should have it and I would buy several packs so it was in the larders ready when needed. They don't have any either. What in blue blazes is going on! :cursing:

This is surely a national staple food stuff? How can the supermarkets delist it, or is it just not as popular with the peasants in my locality?

Maybe she reverted back to her maiden name after the split with Giuseppe?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't know if this is a local phenomenon or a national change but in the last few months my local Sainsbury's have stopped stocking Lasagne Verdi sheets. Now this has not gone down well back at Skol Mansions as the pale 'ordinary' lasagne is much less popular with Lady Skol and the young lords!

Anyway, today I popped into the nearby Asda thinking they should have it and I would buy several packs so it was in the larders ready when needed. They don't have any either. What in blue blazes is going on! :cursing:

This is surely a national staple food stuff? How can the supermarkets delist it, or is it just not as popular with the peasants in my locality?

We have the same problem.
It is Verdi (green) by the addition of spinach.
It just seems to be unavailable anywhere.:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Top Bottom