What's in your backpack/pannier?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
brokenbetty said:
ok, I think I worked out why I go so much slower then everyone else

pannier 1:
washbox with soap, cleanser, body bar and muslin cloth
skirt, tights, blouse, bra, knickers
xxx-large camping towel
makeup box with anti-perspirant, perfume, foundation, mascara, eyeliner, emery board
handbag liner with Oyster card, id card, wallet, iphone, blackberry, lipstick, notebook, lots of pens, hairbrush and keys

pannier 2:
d-lock
multi-tool
inner tube
tyre levers
puncture patches
pump
luggage bungy
latex gloves
cheesecloth scarf - great for strapping big things to the rack :ohmy:
gloves

both panniers also have plenty of spare room for shopping, spare shoes and other essentials I sometimes need to carry

It could probably explain any acceleration issues you may have ;)

fimm

Veteran
On the road bike:
In the little underseat bag-thingy I have:
tyre levers
inner tube
multitool
piece of string
and I've just got a chain tool to go in there.

Pump and water bottle on frame.

If I'm commuting to work I carry a rucksack with
jacket
skirt or trousers
blouse/top
underwear
necklace and earrings
towel
lunch
keys
phone
purse
security pass
plastic bag
(The heavy D-lock lives at work these days, and I have shower gel, hand and face cream, and a hairbrush in my desk drawer, together with a spare pair of tights)

In the Brompton pannier live
pump
lights (if not in use)
plastic bag
lightweight lock
but no puncture repair kit ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
When I'm doing the recycling job, 4 days a week, I end up carrying home several washing up liquid bottles with dregs of washing up liquid in them. Next morning, I carry the properly empties back to work, having decanted the dregs into one bottle. (so far, in about a month, I've collected a bottle and a half).

And the normal stuff - pump, rainlegs if I remember them, multitool ditto, packed lunch, lock...

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Moodyman said:
Numbnuts (page 2) - this is a commuting thread not world touring.
It all depends where you cycle, mine are all on country lanes with no railways and cycle shops if something goes wrong and also helps fellow cyclist that don’t carry any spares not even a pump

OP
OP
N

NigC

Wow! I suddenly feel the urge to head to the local bike shop and stock up on all the essentials I've missed :smile: Probably have to take the car though as my backpack will likely explode :blush:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Inner tube
Puncture repair kit
multi tool
mini spanner
mini pump

Spare buff
overshoes
rainlegs
light showerproof
Lights when not on bike

sandwich box
work clothes
little bag with keys, phone etc in

Padlock is left at work

theloafer

Legendary Member
cycleaire pump and 2 rocks from the garden...1 in each weight training to make up for lost miles over winter...ppl at work think i am slightly mad...:smile:

Spare U Lock in case I have to dump the bike.(U lock at work also)
Watch (for work)
Spare batteries (not rechargeable) + lights...inner tubes...normal stuff spoke key.
Spare chain (sometimes)
Sandwich bags and a few tools.

Arch

Married to Night Train
theloafer said:
cycleaire pump and 2 rocks from the garden...1 in each weight training to make up for lost miles over winter...ppl at work think i am slightly mad...:smile:

I wouldn't wish you to get hurt, but can you imagine the face of a policeman going through your panniers after an accident?

"Sarge.... this is a bit odd...."

But then, no odder than my dozen nearly empty washing up liquid bottles, I suppose!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Arch said:
When I'm doing the recycling job, 4 days a week, I end up carrying home several washing up liquid bottles with dregs of washing up liquid in them. Next morning, I carry the properly empties back to work, having decanted the dregs into one bottle. (so far, in about a month, I've collected a bottle and a half).

And the normal stuff - pump, rainlegs if I remember them, multitool ditto, packed lunch, lock...

couldnt you just decant all the bottles into one at source, then carry the one home?;)

this sounds like one of those lateral thinking puzzles.

I used to carry weights before the accident with the peds...the weights didn't help a lot.I got injured.

I just have a heavy bike now...it does the same job.

Top Bottom