What's in your bag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broomwagon

One of the lads out yesterday snapped his chain so it was out with the tools and we all tried to help. We got him going again but a pair of pliers would have helped somewhere along the line. It just got me thinking, what essentials and other things do you take with you in your saddle bag? Apologies if this has been covered before

musa

Über Member
MultiTool kit pump (which is now attached to bike frame) spanner and innertubes and a fiver if your tubes prove useless

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On a non commute ride..
phone,keys, cash, id
pump on the bike
In the saddle bag
2 inner tubes
tyre levers
small punture repair kit
multi tool
chain tool
spoke key
cable tie
pair of rubber gloves
On the commute i use a pannier so the pump is larger and i add rainlegs,overshoes and a gilet/windproof ,spare buff.spare gloves,spare bits to stop cruds rubbing on rim,work clothes, sandwhich box.work keys /ID.

Rob500

When I started out I bought one of those little plastic box puncture kits - The kind of thing that Halfords or Decathlon sell. I soon realised that the old chalk & tube of glue method wasn't for me. I emptied the contents and kept the box.

In that box goes: Tyre Levers. 2 Packs of Self-Adhesive Patches. 2 KMC Links. Topeak Mini 20 Pro Multitool.
That goes into the saddle bag with 2 tubes on top.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
One of the lads out yesterday snapped his chain so it was out with the tools and we all tried to help. We got him going again but a pair of pliers would have helped somewhere along the line. It just got me thinking, what essentials and other things do you take with you in your saddle bag? Apologies if this has been covered before
Topeak do a very comprehensive tool kit, tyre levers, chain tool, couple of common size spanners, screwdrivers, and i've added some glueless patchess, rubber gloves and tissues. They all fit into a little frame mounted box about the size of 20 fags.

As all of the above plus a multi-tool which is folding pliers with other bits incorporated like an odd version of a Swiss army knife.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
wd-duct-tape.jpg

what else do you need?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Yes we have done this before and I still carry the same amount of tools

1 P*ncture repair kit
1 allan keys
1 set of tyre levers + 2 spare
3 inner tubes
Folding tyre