What's it like to get banned from a forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Laurence Jerrams. Lives in Thailand.

To be honest I think I was just a bit of collateral damage. Laurence really had a go at Future and I questioned his banning. Thankyou, though, to those who sent me the names and addresses of Future employees, including the ghastly TR...and thankyou for the 208 messages of support.

my eventual re-instatement was a hoot. An inside job of a different kind. Our banning was the beginning of the end for C+. ACF took off in a big way, and then Future attempted a re-launch that served only to launch this forum. If anybody can think of a more inadequate business strategy then please let us know.

bonj2

simon l& and a half said:
Laurence Jerrams. Lives in Thailand.

To be honest I think I was just a bit of collateral damage. Laurence really had a go at Future and I questioned his banning. Thankyou, though, to those who sent me the names and addresses of Future employees, including the ghastly TR...and thankyou for the 208 messages of support.

my eventual re-instatement was a hoot. An inside job of a different kind. Our banning was the beginning of the end for C+. ACF took off in a big way, and then Future attempted a re-launch that served only to launch this forum. If anybody can think of a more inadequate business strategy then please let us know.

so basically in a nutshell, what you're saying is that the reason for the demise of C+ is ultimately due to the fact that it dared to ban YOU.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I reckon that's a slight exaggeration and in any event it depends on who you see as a weirdo. I was briefly a member of ACF and although I experienced no unpleasantness there, I got the impression that it was designed for people who wanted a certain homogeneity of view and couldn't cope with other views robustly (as opposed to offensively) expressed. That is, of course, also an extremely subjective opinion.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
ACF certainly is a different place. As an insight into their ways of working, can anyone explain why this thread was closed down and shunted off into their 'Hotel California' wasteland?

http://www.anothercyclingforum.com/index.php?topic=44747.0

It was perhaps a little heated but didn't seem to cross any boundaries?

[For information, the 'Hotel California' section maybe only be visible to 'members only' and 'Theodore Blovius' is one of the persona (personalities) of the forum owner.]

OP
OP
P

Pete

Hey, folks! I don't normally gripe about threads which I started going OT, but in this case I will: the original was meant to be a joke! Based on an amusing Youtube clip which someone showed me. Please form an orderly queue for your sense-of-humour injections. ;)

Top Bottom