What's 'like lasagne'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One for my friend Crockheart of Gold here. Luckily I was looking for some sports news (honest guv!) and came across this cutting edge article about a lucky parent journalist, accompanied by some hard-hitting photographs! :smile:
And. Includes Paul Weller!
article-2453613-189829A400000578-759_306x423.jpg

Happy Friday. Got any more light-hearted news for The Café?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In other feeble froth that passes for news online -some celebs have an instassistant to take flattering photos of them in candid poses. I sacked mine for failing to come up with any flattering shots.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ng-friends-close-ones-flattering-selfies.html

Noodley

How about layered pitta bread, grilled lamb in tomato sauce, bechamel sauce - that's kinda like lasagne.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
That thing, where you use tubes of pasta and put them upright and fill with the same sauces in a spring release tin and bake it and then it looks sort of like pie? That is very much like lasagne

EDIT: Looks like this tho so only tastes like lasagne

P1160712x.JPG

That looks like a flan. My imagination would have to stretched to its limits of elasticity to see the above as anything but a flan or a possibly a tart on steroids.

Puddles' looky-likey lasagne (making me feel like eating something similar...NOW!) pic. is evocative of her avatar...a harmony of Autumnal cheer. The forum is also proud of your unselfieish behaviour, rich. Fancy! Having a 'selfie' taken by someone else, why, that could almost be called a...a...photograph!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Instagrams are too modern for the likes of us, Teef. When we were in short trousers, blazers and caps we had to make do with instaounces. Sick progress innit

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
That looks like a flan. My imagination would have to stretched to its limits of elasticity to see the above as anything but a flan or a possibly a tart on steroids.

Tis called Rigatoni Pasta Pie and is a fad food, apparently it is a PITA to make unless you have really large Rigatoni cos you have to squish the sauce down the holes, some call for you to layer bechamel & bolognese sauces, some just use bolognese. I agree it is not so Pie like.

It is one of those food like "Spider Hot dogs" small people think you are truly God like for making it, but it is a fiddly pain.

Instagrams are too modern for the likes of us, Teef. When we were in short trousers, blazers and caps we had to make do with instaounces. Sick progress innit
Sure. You're miles ahead of me there, rich, but what about the vine?
On my first day in school, September 1966, I was weighed down with a shiny briefcase and my Dad's watch, making my way to the station...my cap sealed onto my head as it was an instant detention to be seen outside school without one. A lout in V4 or somesuch form, by the name of Ken Weaver bustled along and asked me if I liked it at School. I replied "Yes". He 'frisbeed' my cap under a 140 bus, bending the little button in the middle. That would have been all over the media nowadays like.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sure. You're miles ahead of me there, rich, but what about the vine?
On my first day in school, September 1966, I was weighed down with a shiny briefcase and my Dad's watch, making my way to the station...my cap sealed onto my head as it was an instant detention to be seen outside school without one. A lout in V4 or somesuch form, by the name of Ken Weaver bustled along and asked me if I liked it at School. I replied "Yes". He 'frisbeed' my cap under a 140 bus, bending the little button in the middle. That would have been all over the media nowadays like.
Bullies were de rigeur for the perks (as we 1st years were known back in September '66 too). On my first day I got thrown down a bank by Charles McCoy - my only experience of a bank crash till Bradford & Bingley

Top Bottom