what's that all about then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purpleR

Guru
Had a near miss with two guys while I was going to work this morning. Was cycling downhill in rush hour traffic and these two guys tried to kick my back wheel in. They didn't manage to hit me - I swerved slightly out of their way but it was close.

Funny thing is, they were fairly decently dressed Standard Life types in their twenties, not twelve year old gadgies. Maybe they were drunk?

Very random :smile:

Clothes don't make the man...

Incongruous - compliments on your use of language purpleR, I all to frequently catch myself not using good language that I know.

A limited amount of prejudice is a good thing IMO, as it helps keep you safe. I would also argue that it is more playing on liklihood rather than all out prejudice. You are more likely to get knocked about by a couple of chavs drinking warm stella in the street than a couple of suits.

Arch

Married to Night Train
asterix said:
Nope, never judge a sausage by its skin.. In York there is often trouble on racedays involving smartly dressed men in suits.

And ladies who are, in Ross Noble's immortal phrase "Mutton dressed as pig.."

Acutally, maybe the ladies don't cause trouble, I just like any excuse to use the phrase...:smile:

Arch said:
And ladies who are, in Ross Noble's immortal phrase "Mutton dressed as pig.."

Arf :smile::biggrin:- that makes me laugh every time and is one I quote frequently

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw a chap wobbling down the pavement/road at about 5.30pm on the way home - casually dressed, but reasonably smart. Gave him a wide berth as he had had rather a few glasses of pop and was all over the place..... not until I passed did I notice the rather damp trousers...... a real drunken bum !

OP
OP
purpleR

purpleR

Guru
Reminds me of a friend of mine who was walking up Lothian Road during the Edinburgh Festival.

A man who had also had a few glasses of pop had people jumping out of his way. Wasn't until he got closer my friend realised why. He had his trousers unzipped and was 'swishing his wee' in front of him as he meandered happily home.

Top Bottom