1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's that all about then?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by purpleR, 13 Sep 2007.

1. purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

Had a near miss with two guys while I was going to work this morning. Was cycling downhill in rush hour traffic and these two guys tried to kick my back wheel in. They didn't manage to hit me - I swerved slightly out of their way but it was close.

Funny thing is, they were fairly decently dressed Standard Life types in their twenties, not twelve year old gadgies. Maybe they were drunk?

Very random :smile:

2. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Clothes don't make the man...

3. OP
    OP
    purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

Very true and that's me showing my prejudice there. Just seemed a bit incongruous is all. :smile:

4. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Incongruous - compliments on your use of language purpleR, I all to frequently catch myself not using good language that I know.

A limited amount of prejudice is a good thing IMO, as it helps keep you safe. I would also argue that it is more playing on liklihood rather than all out prejudice. You are more likely to get knocked about by a couple of chavs drinking warm stella in the street than a couple of suits.

5. Road Fiddler

Road Fiddler New Member

possibly a couple of warm stella chavs on there way to court dressed in the finest :smile:

6. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

Nope, never judge a sausage by its skin.. In York there is often trouble on racedays involving smartly dressed men in suits.

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

And ladies who are, in Ross Noble's immortal phrase "Mutton dressed as pig.."

Acutally, maybe the ladies don't cause trouble, I just like any excuse to use the phrase...:smile:

8. I've always wondered what the impact of a well aimed punch would be on one of these plonkers, say at 25mph+!!!

9. Arf :smile::biggrin:- that makes me laugh every time and is one I quote frequently

10. JamesAC

JamesAC Senior Member

.. a broken wrist??

:smile:

11. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

i very often use the phrase 'mutton dressed as shoot'! :smile:

12. 515mm

515mm Well-Known Member

"All dressed up and no-one to blow."

Usually goes down well....:smile:

13. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Saw a chap wobbling down the pavement/road at about 5.30pm on the way home - casually dressed, but reasonably smart. Gave him a wide berth as he had had rather a few glasses of pop and was all over the place..... not until I passed did I notice the rather damp trousers...... a real drunken bum !

14. OP
    OP
    purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

Reminds me of a friend of mine who was walking up Lothian Road during the Edinburgh Festival.

A man who had also had a few glasses of pop had people jumping out of his way. Wasn't until he got closer my friend realised why. He had his trousers unzipped and was 'swishing his wee' in front of him as he meandered happily home.

15. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

Ahh, Danny Glover , Lethal Weapon, 1987. Great Line!!!;)