Whats the best carbon wheels and price?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kittyflin

need(want) new wheels for my bianchi,looking at carbon tt wheels,which are best for money,plus dont really waant to spend silly money

zexel

Veteran
Budget? Intended use?

Have you had a look at PlanetX wheels. I'm not a fan but supposedly a quality product for a relatively 'budget' price.

OP
OP
K

kittyflin

not sure want clincher is,but just standard regular inner tube and tyre wheels(campag),budget around £450.00

Shimano RS80 Carbon Laminate Wheels £330

2529.jpg

Rear wheel spec: <li>High performance road racing wheel with carbon laminate technology to meet the demands of today's professional and amateur riders <li>Carbon and alloy laminate clincher rim is both light weight and rigid whilst maintaining high braking performance with standard brake pads <li>Low rim weight is achieved by reducing the alloy wall thickness to 0.7 mm, then a patent pending phosphoric acid anodizing process is used to bond the carbon fibre to the alloy giving an excellent combination of low weight, strength and rigidity <li>Added carbon reinforcement is applied around the spoke eyelets for increased durability under high load <li>20 front stainless steel butted and bladed straight pull spokes <li>High lateral rigidity is improved with a wide flange spacing <li>8, 9, and 10-speed compatible <li>700C clincher compatible <li>Supplied with Q/R skewer <li>Average weight: 1521 grams a pair <li>Front wheel spec: <li>High performance road racing wheel with carbon laminate technology to meet the demands of today's professional and amateur riders <li>Carbon and alloy laminate clincher rim is both light weight and rigid whilst maintaining high braking performance with standard brake pads <li>Low rim weight is achieved by reducing the alloy wall thickness to 0.7 mm, then a patent pending phosphoric acid anodizing process is used to bond the carbon fibre to the alloy giving an excellent combination of low weight, strength and rigidity <li>Added carbon reinforcement is applied around the spoke eyelets for increased durability under high load <li>16 front stainless steel butted and bladed straight pull spokes <li>High lateral rigidity is improved with a wide flange spacing <li>Labyrinth double contact sealing - low-friction seals effectively shut out water, mud and dirt without affecting rotational smoothness <li>Polished bearing races reduce friction and provide for smooth rotation <li>Cold forged and machined aluminium hub shell keep the wheel weight to a minimum <li>700C clincher compatible <li>Supplied with Q/R skewer <li>Average weight: 1521 grams a pair

amaferanga

Veteran
The only way you'll get some full carbon clinchers at that price is by buying used or buying some Chinese carbon clinchers direct. I did the latter (well I just bought the rims actually and built them up myself) and the cost came to about £300 excluding the cost of my PowerTap rear hub using this front hub and Sapim Laser spokes. So using the rear to match the front I used it'd come to about £350 and would weigh less than 1500g for the pair (50mm rims).

For complete wheels Yishun would be a good place to start. I bought my rims from Xiamen Farsport.

For an extensive discussion of the Chinese carbon clinchers see Bikeradar

Glover Fan

Can somebody explain what the difference between clinchers and non-clinchers are?

Top Bottom