What's the best cycling book you've read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beeankey

Looking for a few to take on holiday.

Looking for some interesting ones. The likes of Nicolas Roches is hardly going to get me excited.

Is David Millars worth a read?

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes. It's brilliant.

I'm currently reading 'Put Me Back on my Bike - In Search of Tom Simpson' which is so far excellent.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not the best, but a nice gentle read: by Harry Enfield's dad
BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Matt Seaton's The Escape Artist is excellent but sadly will only take you a couple of hours to read,

This is a very serious matter.

Unless you are the stoker on a tandem, you should not read a book while cycling.

There can be no justification for doing so.

Please stop this thread at once.

Madness! Absolute madness!

Tim Hall

This is a very serious matter.

Unless you are the stoker on a tandem, you should not read a book while cycling.

There can be no justification for doing so.

Please stop this thread at once.

Madness! Absolute madness!

Funny you should say that. Some years ago, The Girl was stoking the Pino (funny half recumbent tandem thing) whilst Mrs. Hall was nominally in charge of it. The Girl is an avid reader and had her head in a book. Her pedaling effort was minimal, more or less just keeping the pedals turning over to stop the freewheel clicking. Mrs. Hall impounded her book at the lunchtime stop resulting in a vast increase in bicycle speed.

Back to the OP. Barring Mechanicals, the tale of one man's battle against uneven odds, spurred on by a bunch of cable ties. Obv. (Where is Andy Allsop these days?)

Top Bottom