Whats the best footwear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyhunter

trust me if you have the cash go for a pair of bg s-works either 2009 or 2010..dont go for any other make, even the famous sidi.
Why because sidis arent on the same level as there crap think of them like a ferrari compared to it and specialized that are like a bugatti which the bg s-works are extremly light, fit perfect whole way round your feet, can get so much power down, no sore or wrecked feet, better tech and price.
i used to own top of the range sidis and when i went to a bike shop i was going to get another pair of sidis. The dude was trying to convince me so hard as im making a big mistake so he brought them out and i tried them on and tested both of them out and i was lik fu*k sidis are sh*te compared to these.
Even though i dislike the specialized brand then i totaly respect it now as they have there thinking caps on, who knows what 2011 will bring for the new bg-sworks probably a cadenace kit in the heel and a re-designed aero shoe.

potsy

Rambler
I've just ordered some Shimano m06 spd's from wiggle,£47 including a £10 discount.Look pretty decent,been using an entry level pair since May but these look a bit more sporty.

potsy

Rambler
I've just ordered some Shimano m06 spd's from wiggle,£47 including a £10 discount.Look pretty decent,been using an entry level pair since May but these look a bit more sporty.

lukesdad

andyhunter said:
trust me if you have the cash go for a pair of bg s-works either 2009 or 2010..dont go for any other make, even the famous sidi.
Why because sidis arent on the same level as there crap think of them like a ferrari compared to it and specialized that are like a bugatti which the bg s-works are extremly light, fit perfect whole way round your feet, can get so much power down, no sore or wrecked feet, better tech and price.
i used to own top of the range sidis and when i went to a bike shop i was going to get another pair of sidis. The dude was trying to convince me so hard as im making a big mistake so he brought them out and i tried them on and tested both of them out and i was lik fu*k sidis are sh*te compared to these.
Even though i dislike the specialized brand then i totaly respect it now as they have there thinking caps on, who knows what 2011 will bring for the new bg-sworks probably a cadenace kit in the heel and a re-designed aero shoe.
Cant fault my sidi T1 s or there race shoe spesh mtb shoes are crap.

lukesdad

andyhunter said:
Cant fault my sidi T1 s or there race shoe spesh mtb shoes are crap.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
potsy said:
I hope you don't have wide feet...! I always had to get bigger Shimano shoes than my normal size or they squashed my toes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
potsy said:
I hope you don't have wide feet...! I always had to get bigger Shimano shoes than my normal size or they squashed my toes.

gavintc

Guru
mickle said:

If you have narrow feet; look nice but do not fit me. I prefer Specialized.

potsy

Rambler
ColinJ said:
Have gone a size up than normal shoes Colin.Think they'll be my nice summer shoes and keep my old ones for winter.

potsy

Rambler
ColinJ said:
Have gone a size up than normal shoes Colin.Think they'll be my nice summer shoes and keep my old ones for winter.

Just to back up AndyH on this - I thought Specialized was a pretty naff brand until I got pair of their S-works Boa's. The boa system tightens up the heel and the toe at the same time and is fantastically comfortable.

I had a look round for new shoes before Christmas and most shops had sold out of these and the ones that did have them in were selling at no discount - which tells its own story.

Basically the more you pay for a pair of shoes the lighter and more comfortable they will be and as shoes are the key conduit between rider and bike I don't see why people begrudge paying £200 for a decent pair of shoes that will last for a good few years.

Just to back up AndyH on this - I thought Specialized was a pretty naff brand until I got pair of their S-works Boa's. The boa system tightens up the heel and the toe at the same time and is fantastically comfortable.

I had a look round for new shoes before Christmas and most shops had sold out of these and the ones that did have them in were selling at no discount - which tells its own story.

Basically the more you pay for a pair of shoes the lighter and more comfortable they will be and as shoes are the key conduit between rider and bike I don't see why people begrudge paying £200 for a decent pair of shoes that will last for a good few years.

Top Bottom