Whats the best footwear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamesb

I am looking to buy some footwear for road bikes, i have looked on websites but i was just wondering what other peoples opinion was. I am not looking for a price limit at the moment, just seeing whats what.

Thanks

OP
OP
J

Jamesb

I am looking to buy some footwear for road bikes, i have looked on websites but i was just wondering what other peoples opinion was. I am not looking for a price limit at the moment, just seeing whats what.

Thanks

Garz

Squat Member
For your first purchase I would absolutely go and try them out in your lbs. You need the right fit (might have wide feet like me) and purchasing online wont allow you to compare them best.

Garz

Squat Member
For your first purchase I would absolutely go and try them out in your lbs. You need the right fit (might have wide feet like me) and purchasing online wont allow you to compare them best.

longers

Legendary Member
Garz said:

This is good advice. You might find certain manufacturers lasts suit your feet and others don't. Shimano sizing is small for a lot of people it seems.

longers

Legendary Member
Garz said:

This is good advice. You might find certain manufacturers lasts suit your feet and others don't. Shimano sizing is small for a lot of people it seems.

andyhunter

trust me if you have the cash go for a pair of bg s-works either 2009 or 2010..dont go for any other make, even the famous sidi.
Why because sidis arent on the same level as there crap think of them like a ferrari compared to it and specialized that are like a bugatti which the bg s-works are extremly light, fit perfect whole way round your feet, can get so much power down, no sore or wrecked feet, better tech and price.
i used to own top of the range sidis and when i went to a bike shop i was going to get another pair of sidis. The dude was trying to convince me so hard as im making a big mistake so he brought them out and i tried them on and tested both of them out and i was lik fu*k sidis are sh*te compared to these.
Even though i dislike the specialized brand then i totaly respect it now as they have there thinking caps on, who knows what 2011 will bring for the new bg-sworks probably a cadenace kit in the heel and a re-designed aero shoe.

Top Bottom