What's the catch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Am I the only one who's not that interested in a full carbon bike? To be fair I think I'm a little too heavy.
Plenty of good quality carbon frames out there with no rider weight limit for the 'bigger, stronger' lads & lasses needs.

Although I have a carbon bike, I am nowadays drawn more towards steel & titanium bikes from Artisan builders.

andyfraser

Über Member
Plenty of good quality carbon frames out there with no rider weight limit for the 'bigger, stronger' lads & lasses needs.

Although I have a carbon bike, I am nowadays drawn more towards steel & titanium bikes from Artisan builders.
It's good to know carbon isn't completely out of the question. As they say though, you don't miss what you never had. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
You might want to check frame weight limits and link to warranty. Many specify around 110-120kg I think

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

im similar, for some reason a spin spitfire is on the list as im of an age where a i have fond memories of airfix and war movies with that glorious engine noise.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cool bike.

Saw that model featured in Cycling Plus, lovely, expensive though & what a name for a bike, fantastic.

Agreed. Lovely bike. Got a great review too.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Direct sales model and an ethos of keeping cycling affordable. Innit.
this.

I suspect that above "cost cutting" Planet X show the greatest saving by not paying for shops, staff and all of the knock on cost from this.

Planet X do seem to be a solid brand now, with a decent warranty...ribble, I understand is also a player but with less customer service.

Top Bottom