What's the catch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Except the effective TT is 59cm :smile:

They measure by seat tube looking at the grid (as I think do Boardman/Hellfrauds)

A medium would make sense for 5'9, ~55cm TT (54.7 cm for the pedant)

Rider Height Suggested Frame Size
5′3″ to 5′7″ (160cm-170cm) Small
5′8″ to 5′11″ (173cm-180cm) Medium
5′10″ to 6′2″ (178cm- 188cm) Large
6′1″ to 6′6″ (185cm- 198cm) X-Large

I think buying blind could be pot luck depending on lay-back of seat post and the stem size and if the bars are straight or sweep back and your leg length.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah I wouldn't buy a bike online however cheap it may seem

U

User6179

Yeah I wouldn't buy a bike online however cheap it may seem

I bought a couple online , one was spot on as my mate let me try his , the other was slightly big and I should of bought the size lower , best to try first :thumbsup:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Back on topic, that PX Ultegra is £899. Take off £50? for the wheels, £300? for the groupset, £100 (probably a massive overestimation) for tubes, tyres, seatpost, saddle, stem, bars, tape, leaves £400. I reckon if they are paying £100 each for those frames they are getting them at a bad price. So around £300 margin on each bike, at a guess. That's not too bad.

PX list the wheels alone at £240!
I don't think there is a big profit in this bike!
Much like the Ventura cp50 I bought from Argos - carbon, sora, r501 wheelset, Ritchie finishing kit, £400 in the sale.

If I was in for another bike I'd have one.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
They were on the site for around £100 not that long ago.

I just got an email saying they'll do 4 of these bikes for the price of 3. What's that? £675 for a full Ultegra carbon bike? Insane.
I don't think so .... "You can use 4 for 3 to buy anything except our bundle offers, daily deals and custom build bikes. The only exception, is the fabulous, industry breaking, benchmark setting , the bike that made our competitors cry , the one and only £899.99 pro-carbon Ultegra - and that's full Ultegra , yes a full Ultegra Pro Carbon for £899.99 which is currently our Daily Deal"
The only 4 for 3 bike I can see is the Neil Pryde BURAsl at £2599.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I don't think so .... "You can use 4 for 3 to buy anything except our bundle offers, daily deals and custom build bikes. The only exception, is the fabulous, industry breaking, benchmark setting , the bike that made our competitors cry , the one and only £899.99 pro-carbon Ultegra - and that's full Ultegra , yes a full Ultegra Pro Carbon for £899.99 which is currently our Daily Deal"
The only 4 for 3 bike I can see is the Neil Pryde BURAsl at £2599.

That is one amazing deal in my book.

I keep wondering what the catch is, too. I've managed to resist buying one so far...

SteCenturion

I am your Father
@Cyclist33

Noooooo! That's not what I mean't at all - must've written it wrong!

I see quite a few of both brands up here and they appear to be ridden by serious riders who know what a good bike is!

I was 'bigging up' both brands in the light of the OP's concerns.
@SpokeyDokey - I got your meaning exactly as this, not inflammatory or demeaning to owners of PX etc, but more, they use them lots, as opposed to they cycle 5 mins to the coffee shop & then sit & brag about them :thumbsup:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
They were on the site for around £100 not that long ago.

I just got an email saying they'll do 4 of these bikes for the price of 3. What's that? £675 for a full Ultegra carbon bike? Insane.
That is both outstanding & astounding in equal measure.

If say, you had a couple of mates or club mates/forum mates to chip in with you could quite easily end up with a lot of bike for very little cost.

Splendiferous I think is the technical term.

Top Bottom