What's the Con?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Always on the lookout for a new car, had this one 8+ years & although it's okay we're always looking, so saw this car for sale near York

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 13.33.59.png

Seemed a little cheap, but thought it might be more than the trade-n so was just looking to make a little extra, started to look at others of the same type & widen the search area to check the price & came across this other one.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 13.33.39.png

So what's the con, will they just try to extract details from me, they know my name, so will it be telephone, email addresses, or will they ask for a deposit before I try to view?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Who the hell is called Matilda ? :whistle:

Always on the lookout for a new car, had this one 8+ years & although it's okay we're always looking, so saw this car for sale near York

View attachment 656947

Seemed a little cheap, but thought it might be more than the trade-n so was just looking to make a little extra, started to look at others of the same type & widen the search area to check the price & came across this other one.

View attachment 656946

So what's the con, will they just try to extract details from me, they know my name, so will it be telephone, email addresses, or will they ask for a deposit before I try to view?

As it's the same picture, is it a national dealer? Sometimes they advertise the same vehicle from several showrooms, and will bring it to you if you want it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some poor bugger is probably driving round in that car without knowing 6 or more scammers are selling it !:hyper:

figbat

Slippery scientist
One of them is also selling a cheap Ford Kuga, which also turns up multiple times under other assumed accounts from 2022 across the country. They all seem to like a small number of friends from abroad and football, and work in a coffee shop.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Tell Facebook and/or the police? :whistle:
I have reported it to FB, but if others are still finding the advert then they are doing as much about it as I expected them to, as for our boys & girls in blue, the chances of them being interested is even less than the actions for FB

What I am surprised at is that I asked one of them if I could come to view this evening, which if they don't respond makes it even more curious as to why they are doing it.

midlife

Guru
Talking about Facebook, was on TV last night that out of 40 Manchester property adverts 10 were fake. Someone rented a flat, gave the deposit, turned up and flat wasn't for rent.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
... as for our boys & girls in blue, the chances of them being interested is even less than the actions for FB

I was just looking at reports that many forces don't even send officers round to burgled homes these days!

One force decided that they WOULD investigate every burglary, and... *** GASP ***... the burglary rate in that area fell by about 50% - who'd have thought that police trying to catch/succeeding in catching criminals would actually deter them!!! :wacko:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I was just looking at reports that many forces don't even send officers round to burgled homes these days!

One force decided that they WOULD investigate every burglary, and... *** GASP ***... the burglary rate in that area fell by about 50% - who'd have thought that police trying to catch/succeeding in catching criminals would actually deter them!!! :wacko:

You can't blame the boots on the ground it's the 20 tiers of management above them & the paperwork

Top Bottom