What's the hottest thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Guru
Location
Sheffield
Over cooked pop tart. Caused blisters all over my mouth.
Truly a recipe from the Devil himself - If Saddam had invested in these as WMD's we'd have been in big trouble.
 

Cyclist33

Guest
Location
Warrington
I made a dipping sauce with, inter alia, one fresh naga chilli in it. It *was* hot, although not unmanageably so.

Me and a mate ate the other one raw, cut into little shards. It was extremely hot! But after the misery had died down, strangely pleasant.

I have found very hot curries eating out, to be the "hottest" and hardest to eat, I think because the temperature of the food conspires with the chilli heat and more than once I have found them almost impossible to finish.

I say almost!

Stu
 

Doseone

Guru
Location
Brecon
I've eaten some hot stuff, especially in Thailand when I had a chilli salad, which was basically certain types of chillies garnished with other chillies. But the hottest thing I've ever eaten was actually a pizza.

We were young and pi$$ed up in a pizza restaurant and I think we upset the waiters and this was their (well deserved with hindsight) revenge.
 

slowwww

Guru
Location
Surrey
When I was about 20 I got into a routine with 2 mates of meeting straight from work every Friday night, a couple of hours in the gym, 3 hours in the pub, and then to our favourite local curry house. Over time I graduated up to having their vindaloo most times, even though this carried a fearsome reputation locally.

At the same time I started going out with a new girlfriend, and when I asked what her taste in food was ahead of our first meal together she mentioned her love of curry. We duly went to the same restaurant, where I was greeted by the staff like the returning prodigal son (did no harm in the eyes of my date!) and I ordered my 'usual', only this time I was stone-cold sober rather than 5-6 pints to the good.

When the vindaloo arrived I realised I was in serious trouble from the first mouthful. I manfully tried to soldier on but within 2 minutes I was a red-eyed, snivelling wreck gasping for air and whimpering for something to extinguish the pain. Cleary the alcohol had been de-sensitising my taste buds
I seem to recall we never quite made it to date number 2!
 

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
When I was about 20 I got into a routine with 2 mates of meeting straight from work every Friday night, a couple of hours in the gym, 3 hours in the pub, and then to our favourite local curry house. Over time I graduated up to having their vindaloo most times, even though this carried a fearsome reputation locally.

At the same time I started going out with a new girlfriend, and when I asked what her taste in food was ahead of our first meal together she mentioned her love of curry. We duly went to the same restaurant, where I was greeted by the staff like the returning prodigal son (did no harm in the eyes of my date!) and I ordered my 'usual', only this time I was stone-cold sober rather than 5-6 pints to the good.

When the vindaloo arrived I realised I was in serious trouble from the first mouthful. I manfully tried to soldier on but within 2 minutes I was a red-eyed, snivelling wreck gasping for air and whimpering for something to extinguish the pain. Cleary the alcohol had been de-sensitising my taste buds
I seem to recall we never quite made it to date number 2!

Ah, so you failed to curry favour did you??
 
Top Bottom