whats the oldest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car you have driven?
I once drove a Lancia 1947 jobby with running boards and rod brakes, we have a very steep hill near us and you had to stand [almost] on the footbrake and hope no one was in the way.

My first car was a 1958 Austin A35 van, loved it and drove all over the country in it.

Last year I bought a 1962 Volvo Amazon unseen off Ebay. That was fun to drive for a while. I've also driven an MG TD and a TF, which I think were from the 1930s and 1940s respectively.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My ex-RAF Land Rover was "birthed" in MOD jargon on 6 June 1986, in Solihull. It's had so many new parts fitted over the 22 years of its life though that only the chassis, engine and bulkhead are original. The taxpayer must have spent £100,000 on parts alone for this vehicle.

Forsale008.jpg

ACS

Legendary Member
Don't have a date, an early split screen Morris Minor Traveller which I was taught to drive in by the RAF.

Arch

Married to Night Train
1979 Mini (which I owned in the late 80's/early 90's, can't remember exactly when). Loved that car, although it ate up my wages for the few years I had it.

The only car I've ever owned, actually. I must dig out the photo and scan it. I customised the roof with stripes, in brown and beige (it was brown with beige roof to start with), it looked like a mint humbug.

Was finally persuaded to give up on it when the passenger door half fell off.

If I was to get a car again, I think I'd still want a proper Mini.

Will1985

Über Member
I've driven my uncle's 1953 Series 1 Land Rover which was pretty uncomfortable but an amazing vehicle - he drove it into and along a ditch to show me how stable it was on a slope.

My father got to drive an 1899 Panhard-Levassor last year.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Arch said:
1979 Mini (which I owned in the late 80's/early 90's, can't remember exactly when). Loved that car, although it ate up my wages for the few years I had it.

The only car I've ever owned, actually. I must dig out the photo and scan it. I customised the roof with stripes, in brown and beige (it was brown with beige roof to start with), it looked like a mint humbug.

Was finally persuaded to give up on it when the passenger door half fell off.

If I was to get a car again, I think I'd still want a proper Mini.
A much better looking car than the oversized Tonka Toy they replaced it with.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Smokin Joe said:
A much better looking car than the oversized Tonka Toy they replaced it with.

Absolutely! And don't get me started on the ridiculous 'estate' version...

I wouldn't mind the 'New Mini', so much, if they had called it the Baby Beamer, or something. But to use the name Mini, for something so huge and awful...

Top Bottom