What's the point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame on your employer!

Guess I am lucky.

At work because of what we do, we have lockers and several showers, dotted around the building.

Also because of historical reasons, we have a tennis court and changing rooms for the Tennis court.

As such we have showers, lockers and a room to 'air' our clothing during the day.

Recently we had a new building commissioned. Part of the planning process required work to produce a green transport policy. That included a cycle shed for 20 bikes! Those of us who cycled had to justify the reason, and also be involved in some of the initial work and designs but worth it.

An advantage for working in the public sector with (at times) sensible senior management

Adrian

PBancroft

SmileyBoots said:
I've just received an email informing me that I should not use the disabled toilet anymore but must use the normal toilet and that I must pack away my sweaty clothes in a bag. I'm just waiting for the second email objecting to my bike being parked outside in the bin-compound.

Who sent the email? If middle-management, I would be tempted to take it up the line, asking for suitable spaces to do what you need to, or to otherwise do the second best option (which is what you were). Explain how using the normal loos (if dedicated changing rooms are not available) will affect other staff members, and that should any disabled visitors or staff wish to use the facilities then they would of course get priority.

Remind them about the Derby cycle town thing and take it from there.

Big T

Guru
I'd just ignore them and continue to use the disabled loos anyway.

We have showers, lockers but no drying facilities so my towel and vest go on the radiator next to my desk!

Otto

I'm lucky we have a purpose built shower room with lockers and underground secure parking for around 200 bikes

GrahamG

Guru
Sapper said:
Recently we had a new building commissioned. Part of the planning process required work to produce a green transport policy. That included a cycle shed for 20 bikes! Those of us who cycled had to justify the reason, and also be involved in some of the initial work and designs but worth it.

Adrian

Adrian,

TfL have been doing some fantastic work in this respect and are now the most demanding body dealing with planning applications in terms of sustainable travel. Since they released the guidance for developers in March this year, it will be extremely difficult to get planning permission for any commercial/residential developments of a reasonable size without considerable provision for cycling.

OP
OP
SmileyBoots

SmileyBoots

Über Member
A breakthrough at last.... I've been told that I can use the disabled toilet to get changed.

This may well be due to the fact that over the past few mornings, several people have had to stand around outstide the toilet, knees held tightly together and newpaper under their arm, waiting for me to (very slowly) get changed. I was happy to point out to them that it was difficult for me to rush in such a confined space.....

SmileyBoots said:
A breakthrough at last.... I've been told that I can use the disabled toilet to get changed.

This may well be due to the fact that over the past few mornings, several people have had to stand around outstide the toilet, knees held tightly together and newpaper under their arm, waiting for me to (very slowly) get changed. I was happy to point out to them that it was difficult for me to rush in such a confined space.....

:angry: Now that puts a smile on my face!:biggrin:

nilling

Über Member
Told you it would work :biggrin: lol

Top Bottom