What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A couple of packs of Park GP2 patch kits. And this little bundle of bits for the spares cupboard was delivered a couple of weeks ago
Delivery.JPG

A book - Alwyn Crawshaw's Ultimate Painting Course.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Some energy gels for son no. 2 and a brake cable bits set for me.

And a pair of Shimano MT43 MTB shoes that are not just velcro straps. Bought as 'ex-demo' for a decent price on eBay they'll do fine - and came with cleats :okay: I've only got a basic pair of Shimano's M068 shoes, plus some SPD sandals and these will suit the cross/town riding I'm doing more of.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not today but yesterday... but had my first play with it today.

I went and did that thing... spending an extra £35 to avoid paying £5 for postage on a £10 part for my scroll saw :wacko:

...and purchased a Japanese pull saw

103696_inset1_xl.jpg

Only used a couple of times but I am already in love with this tool... feck me! :wub:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Woohoo, I've finally got my hands on a replacement 11 speed cassette! The old one is actually hanging in there surprisingly well, so I may not need it for a few months, but given how many months the shops have been out of stock, I'm happy for it to sit on the shelf in my workshop.

The postie also brought a shiny new chain to accompany it.

IMG_20210901_162029175.jpg

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shock resistant laptop sleve for the works laptop for commuting off road - just the thing !

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not bought, but given; a huge box of vintage bike parts. There's multiple saddles / seatposts / cranksets / sturmey archer shifters / brakes in there.

I suspect they once were on a stack of 3-speed bikes, probably kids / ladies, and the donator has since taken the frames to the scrapyard but kept the parts 'just in case'. There's some rod brakes and old SA cable guides there and they said there were parts from the 1930's onwards. I'll work through, separating the junk from the possible to the keep.

Top Bottom