What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
A box of Darjeeling tea.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Two parcels:

For Mrs ND, an excellent and less than half price Altura Night Vision cycling jacket from Tredz (plus two packs of Haribo Tangfastic, which Mrs ND doesn't like - but I do!) :laugh:

For me, a pair of Agu overshoes (as recommended by @Donger -thanks) and another set of emergency back up lights from Planet X - no Haribo from them, but they had wrapped the items in half a mile of sellotape, which was fun in its own way...:rolleyes:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Yesterday, collected from work, some nice new Oakley gigs, these ones ....

Screenshot_20161020-084550.jpg

& Rapha is inbound.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I think you need to get the doctor to check out that large zit on your head...
That's my erogenous zone ......
my droidoris, you Earthlings may have another name for it.

Nibor

Bewildered
not postie but local Feckbook bargains
Salsa Bell Lap bars for the exploring bike (£10)
Brooks C17 for the steel road bike (£55)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
A new Nexus 8 hub gear to put on my Birdy and replace the POS Sturmey XRD-5w that is utterly untrustworthy and has tested my patience once too often.

I shall miss the drum brake, that bit worked very nicely, but 2 sets of internals for the gear and nothing but trouble from it, SA can frankly shove their 5 speed box where the sun don't shine sideways and with vigour!

Called my friendly wheel builder and will be looking forward to getting Shimano 8 speed shifting onto both bikes now within a week or so (other bike is is an Alfine 8).

nipping out now to get a set of V brakes to put back on - I'll try the shed first then LBS if I've binned or reused the ones I took off the Birdy when putting the drummed hub on.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Rotring Tikky 1.0mm mechanical pencil for me, The Girl on the Train for Mrs M, and The Problems of Philosophy (Bertrand Russell) for my eldest monklet.

Top Bottom