What's this facebook malarkey?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frazer

You can block anyone but your friends from seeing your profile, so only add people you know and trust!! All the 'zombie' and 'vampire' nonsense pisses me off, 6 months ago they didnt have all this application crap, it was so simple, and easy to use, everyone loved it. Now 95% of my friends are annoyed with it, but obviously won't stop using it because everyone does. In a years time there will be a new version no doubt and this fad will wear off (or I hope so at least!)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It will be interesting to see if it lasts...

It also seems that facebook is staunchly middle class, whereas Myspace is a bit more wide ranging.....

The fact that the burgeoning middle classes are esconsed in facebook, and it's got the torygraph stamp of approval might ensure its longevity......

SamNichols

Facebook's the internet version of Subway - the first time you have it, you think: 'ooh this is alright.' But then on your second time, you think: 'hey this is just a sandwich, what's the point?' Facebook's the same, but obviously without sandwiches (it would be better with sandwiches though), just sort of inane. I've got lots of old uni friends who I realise again why I didn't like that much. I also like to follow the lives of people who annoy me, and feel glee when their relationship status goes to 'single'.
The only real use to it is a free texting service and to play scrabulous.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My nieces and nephew are on it - they have all sent me the links or whatever, but as far as I can see they spend all the time out of their heads on booze or drugs. The niece has just lost her driving licence for a year, but it doesn't say that on her site.

Top Bottom