What's this red button for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
The red button on the right. Does anyone know what it's for? It's on an electric bike for which I am the custodian.
The one on the left is for the front/rear lights, I know that much :smile:
upload_2018-2-23_15-17-57.png

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Afterburners?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Probably @Pale Rider can answer this...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like a kit conversion, so the button may be wired to do a number of things.

Is that a thumb throttle to the right of the button?

If so, the button may activate and deactivate the throttle.

Alternatively, it might be a so-called 'off road' button which turns off the motor assist cut off point of 15.5mph.

I can see there's a bell, but it may also have been something as simple as the button for a cheap horn which some Chinese bikes are fitted with.

Reactions: Maz
OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Looks like a kit conversion, so the button may be wired to do a number of things.

Is that a thumb throttle to the right of the button?

If so, the button may activate and deactivate the throttle.

Alternatively, it might be a so-called 'off road' button which turns off the motor assist cut off point of 15.5mph.

I can see there's a bell, but it may also have been something as simple as the button for a cheap horn which some Chinese bikes are fitted with.
Just to the right of the red button, there's a "twist-grip" throttle with 3 LED's on it that light up when the ignition is on. You might be right - it might be a throttle on/off switch. Might take it for a ride (and just hope I don't crash it).

Top Bottom