What's yer.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Great stuff! How is your gearing?

Not near your 42 though It's good for the hills and I imagine the more steeper ones will be a real leg burner and torture. I can spin out on the flats @ 69 GI and feel like I'm bouncing in saddle but for now it's pretty spot on because there are some big hills up round here, long flat stretches with killer winds so I'm going to keep it as is till maybe new year then up the gearing.
Not sure if going up on the chain ring or rear freewheel is best option or if there is a reason to opt for one or tuther

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
101 miles is my longest on a 46/17 SS. My first 100 Mile ride too.

Rowdin, sure I read someplace you had a Genesis day one, if that's right did you change the rear sprocket ? I'm having trouble working out exactly which type it is, and best option to swop to.
Big respect for the 100 miler :notworthy:

rowdin

Terence david
Aye, I changed it from a 18 down to a 17. Took it to my LBS, I was going to do it myself but I too didn't know which one it was, I even emailed genesis with no luck.
Its now better on the flats and only a little harder on the hills. With my 28 wide wheels that's about 72.3 inches.

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Aye, I changed it from a 18 down to a 17. Took it to my LBS, I was going to do it myself but I too didn't know which one it was, I even emailed genesis with no luck.
Its now better on the flats and only a little harder on the hills. With my 28 wide wheels that's about 72.3 inches.

Thanks appreciate the kind reply. I'm still on 35 tyres but looking to maybe drop to a 16t rear and 28 tyres either gatorskins or Michelin
Thanks again for help

U

User19783

Thanks appreciate the kind reply. I'm still on 35 tyres but looking to maybe drop to a 16t rear and 28 tyres either gatorskins or Michelin
Thanks again for help

Gatorskins are not the best in the wet, (imo very Slippery) depending on how high pressure you run at, lower the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Dragged the fixed out for the first time since August, to ride a not hilly for Devon 100km. Seemed like hard work.
Summary
Time
Elapsed Time: 4:41:35 Moving Time: 4:25:14 Stopped Time: 0:16:21
Speed
Avg: 23 km/h Avg Moving: 24 km/h Min: 0.0 km/h Max: 54 km/h
Elevation
Min: 19 m Max: 227 m Ascent: 1233 m Descent: 1215 m Grade: 0.0 %

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have done five 100 mile plus rides on fixed with 122 being the longest. I keep thinking about doing the Dun Run fixed but seeing as I cycle to the start that will be 244 miles all in and will think about it again closer to the time.

Top Bottom