What's your dream bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Thinking about those three-neck guitars, I'd like a bike equivalent. One with twelve gears, one with six and one really heavy one with four, joined together in parallel. Six wheels; three abreast wherever I ride.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Fuji SL 1.1 2016 and then I would ruin all the weight saving measures by putting a comfy seat on it.

Reactions: DSK

MntnMan62

Über Member
I'm also happy with my bikes. My mountain bike is a roughly 2000 Schwinn Mesa GSX (hardtail) that I upgraded the entire drivetrain to Shimano LX, upgraded the front shock to Marzocchi Bomber Z4, Sun Ryno Lite rims, and Titec bar, stem and seatpost. I've been on group rides with guys riding bikes that cost several thousand and I was right with 'em. My road bike is a 2005ish Motobecane (Bikesdirect) Sprintour with full Ultegra kit. For the kind of riding I'm doing they both do what I need them to do. If I were to get new road and mountain bikes, I'd probaby wnat a Titanium frame road bike and a full suspension mountain bike. But if that never happens, I'm fine with what I have. Looking forward to a nice day tomorrow on the road. Looking to log about 30 miles.

Drago

Legendary Member
A volvo Itera.

mustang1

Legendary Member
ATM, I am into MTBs and I found a Canyon Exceed CF SLX 9.0 for £4k and 9.3kg front sus in black/white like this:
1594711917656.png

Image taken from the Canyon website.
Unfortunately I'm not a good enough MTB'er to warrant such a bike and nor do I MTB enough to justify making up an excuse for it. :smile:

Im torn between highish spec Propel with Di2 or Pinarello Prince again Di2.... (no Im not an accountant, solicitor etc) one (or the then equivelent) in the distant future... the head says propel as its a better specced bike (wheels especially) but the heart says Prince... love the fork design.....

and yes i fully understand im going to be shot down in flames because of the Pinarello choice... agree.disagree. discuss as exam questions used to say!

and i already have the propel 2 so frightened of a 5k bike not being much different to the 2k version

Zipp2001

Veteran
What is this type of bike called? What's the posture like is it comfy?

The bikes are Zipp2001's and they aren't set up as aggressive in the photo as they used to be back when I was younger and raced on them. I've done 12/24 hour events on them with no issues, but everyone is different. Besides I raced by the moto Pain is Delicious.:bicycle:

Top Bottom