What's your fastest speed reached on road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
60 mph in North Wales. 55 on Woodhead a few times, bit dodgy as there is usually a nasty side wind.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Actually I've just remembered my GPS recorded me at 65mph once, but it also said I was in the middle of the Irish Sea at the time, I think it was a little mistaken :headshake:

aberal

Guru
Just over 50 in Deeside. Very steep hill just above Balmoral. Didn't like it very much. Scared the bejames out of myself. The tyres felt like they were skittering on the surface.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
60 mph in North Wales. 55 on Woodhead a few times, bit dodgy as there is usually a nasty side wind.

Side winds are deadly. I was once going down a hill around the little 40 mark and the wind nearly pushed me into the opposite lane... I cycled 20mph the rest of the way home lol

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist

What road did you hit the 60mph on? I like visiting different cities to attempt faster descents :biggrin:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Im trying for a 50 mph + descent!!! So far I got to 48.6 but that was with a lorry overtaking me and pulling me along in his wake! Was great fun. Ive held 31 mph on the flat for about 1/2 mile and have averaged 29.6 through a 1 mile section with a slight downhill

Davehateshills

50.70 MPH going down Owd' betts in to Norden (North of Bury and Rochdale) I think I could have gone a bit quicker, I kept having to break behind white van man. Loved it, but then again I love bungee jumping and sky diving! :biggrin:

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
50.70 MPH going down Owd' betts in to Norden (North of Bury and Rochdale) I think I could have gone a bit quicker, I kept having to break behind white van man. Loved it, but then again I love bungee jumping and sky diving! :biggrin:
Don't you just hate it when cars slow us down :P haha

Top Bottom