What's your fastest speed reached on road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
About 40 mph down a steep hill. Just started using Endomondo with an android phone that stated that I did 52.4 mph highest speed on one of my rides, but that was utter s***e.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just to add, only do these speeds on roads you know, and ones without side entrances/junctions ! Also watch for wind !!

Chunal is another great descent into Glossop, dead steady 9-10% can get you to over 45 mph easily, 50 plus on a good day.

Another good one is Saddleworth Moor into Greenfield - nice and quick and twisty. You need to pedal a fair amount but you'll maintain over 40 mph easy.

Rebel Ian

48.3 mph downhill somewhere in Herefordshire last year. Was gutted I didn't break the 50 mark. No idea about the flat but late 20s I'd guess.

U

User482

56mph descending from (I think, it was a long time ago) Jubilee Tower in the Forest of Bowland. I remember bunny hopping a cattle grid near the bottom. I'm not that brave these days...

Just to add, only do these speeds on roads you know, and ones without side entrances/junctions ! Also watch for wind !!

Chunal is another great descent into Glossop, dead steady 9-10% can get you to over 45 mph easily, 50 plus on a good day.

Another good one is Saddleworth Moor into Greenfield - nice and quick and twisty. You need to pedal a fair amount but you'll maintain over 40 mph easy.
1. Agreed, be careful, or as the greatest Lancastrian ever put it "One mistake & it's half a day out with the Undertaker"
2. Chunal, yes!, & bugger of a climb too!!
3. Saddleworth either way; towards Greenfield, or heading back towards Holmfirth

Woodhead is horrible to climb from Langsett side - not hard, but it's dual carriageway = busy. It's usually very busy with HGV's.
Langsett side with tail wind. going up can be entertaining leaning ae 45 degrees into the wind sometimes.
True, it's a bugger at times

Top Bottom