What's your favourite Beetles track?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
The Beatles place in pop history is undisputable, but they don't light my candle. Of that era I'm more with The Kinks...
Ray Davies must be one of the best lyricists of the last 50 years - who else did such complex songs with such simple words? Limited range, though, The Kinks.

Back to the Beatles:-
Girl
Let it be
Hey Jude

Llama

Veteran
Norwegian Wood

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Eleanor Rigby.

waits at the window
wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door
who is it for?

If you know a more perfect lyric in popular music, be my guest...

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Paul said John contributed about half a line to that song. I wondered if it was wearing the face that keeps by the door. It sounds like his turn of phrase. Ray Charles did a good cover of this song, better than the original IMO (which is strange because I thought most his other songs were pants).

Randochap

Senior hunter
When I was a prepubescent moptop in Wodensfield, I was a member of the Official Beatles Fan Club.

That meant that I was party to the Christmas record -- a floppy plastic 45.

It contained such witty "lyrics" as: "We're gunna be mekkin' a nu mewvie pretty soon, it sez 'ere. This toim it's gunna be in culla... Green." That one from John, of course. More of their witty repartee would arguably bring lawsuits in modern UK.

Wish I still had those, but some little bugger nicked 'em (here in Canada). They'd be worth a bob or two.

If I had to choose one, it would have to be A Day in the Life, a masterpiece by any measure.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Randochap said:
When I was a prepubescent moptop in Wodensfield, I was a member of the Official Beatles Fan Club.

That meant that I was party to the Christmas record -- a floppy plastic 45.

It contained such witty "lyrics" as: "We're gunna be mekkin' a nu mewvie pretty soon, it sez 'ere. This toim it's gunna be in culla... Green." That one from John, of course. More of their witty repartee would arguably bring lawsuits in modern UK.

"Mekkin'"? I didn't know they were wools. And did they suddenly go all Brummy when they said "toim"?:smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Sorry, all of their songs were shite.

peanut

this thread is brilliant. haven't larfed so much in ages.:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I reckon we could have a bun fight about anything :biggrin:

Top Bottom