What's your favourite lampshade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Melvil said:
I'm going to make my own. I've decided. I've got scissors and cardboard and everything. But not tonight. Maybe next week. Actually I can't be arsed. Still, it was a good idea.

better still, go to the botanical gardens and feed the birds and squirrels! you need to get out more.

Abitrary

Melvil said:
I'm going to make my own. I've decided. I've got scissors and cardboard and everything. But not tonight. Maybe next week. Actually I can't be arsed. Still, it was a good idea.

You could make those japanese type ones which are quite nice, although quite easy to poke your finger through

simoncc

I'm fairly happy go lucky when it comes to lampshades, but I do have one lampshade related reservation. When, in a film, a tablelamp is shown, I like the seam of the lampshade to be turned away from the camera. I can cope when this doesn't happen and I'm not hoping for any EU legislation on the matter, but nevertheless I do wish filmmakers would addess the problem.

freakhatz

It's a strange thing.

I used to dream about what carlampshade I'd like to own, but when I got left some money - enough to buy a 'dream carlampshade' or two - I kinda lost interest:sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I saw these in a shop before Christmas. Worryingly, last time I passed there was one less. Someone bought one!

lampshade.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
Quote Arch: Horror photo there Arch! ;) Who in their right mind would buy stuff like that? Solicitors? Bankers? Traveller/ing salesmen?) xx(xx(:angry:

Hee hee. My sister had just redecorated her livingroom when I saw them, and I knew, knowing her, that it would be really nice and tastefully done, so I sent her the photo offering to buy a pair and bring them down....:sad: She declined politely;)

I think they are aimed at the same clientele who buy Franklin Mint Plates from colour supplements.

longers

Legendary Member
I saw these lamps today :smile:

(advert appears first on video link)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
For anyone in search of truly kitchtastic and hideous lampshades, I can recommend any Christmas Market in Germany, with special mention going to Cologne and Aachen. I've always regretted not getting the revolving Madonna with flashing lights.

That reminds me of the traders outside the Colisseum flogging snowstorms swirling round an image of the Pope's head

Top Bottom