What's your favourite nibble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wobbler

There is a bit of a do on Sunday night, and the rellies are coming back to mine for a cuppa and some cakies.

I need a bit of help with the spread, ages range from 18 months to 65 years.
I was thinking mini sausage rolls and scotch eggs, pizza slices, pork pie and Hula hoops. With an assortment of Mr. Kipling's exceedingly good cakes.
Looking at my shopping list it does seem a bit boring. So how can I improve things on the party food front?
All suggestions gratefully received
Please include the name of the supermarket where items can be purchased.
thumbsup.png

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There's also chicken tikka nibbles, chicken satay skewers, tubs of coleslaw, hummous and taramasalata. Bread sticks (crispy thin things in boxes - not a french stick) for dipping into aforementioned dips, sticks of celery to dip into dips, nachos and tortilla chips with salsa dipping sauces.

while on the subject of sauces, tomato sauce, brown sauce, squeezable mayonnaise.

Kettle chips. A few blocks of interesting but unchallenging cheese such as wensleydale and apricot..

All major supermarket chains will sell most of the above and while you are chasing the items listed above be receptive to the possibilities offered by the adjacent merchandise for enlivening your buffet menu.

Hope that helps.

TVC

Prawn Vol-au-Vents.

People say they're so 70s and a bit naff, but they're always the first to go.

yum.

danphoto

Trifle. You need trifle. The cheap supermarket strawberry one. Kids like trifle and wrinklies like trifle, 'cos trifle is proper party food.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
The local Indian supermarket (if you have one) is always good for a visit - except that you may get the "I know what I like and I like what I know" brigade who might pull a funny face and refuse to even try it ... I work with someone like that, she'd never had an artichoke heart, so I ordered them as a starter when we went out for an office meal at an italian place, when they arrived she looked at them and said, "Ewww! No! I've never had those before!". So she wouldn't even try it because she'd never had it before ... now that's idiot logic for you! I just wanted to say to her, "For f**k's sake, put the god damn thing in your mouth and chew it and if you don't like it you can spit the wretched b**tard out!!!"

danphoto

Hash brownies would be good. They'd certainly keep the kids quiet, and seeing the effect upon the wrinklies would amply repay the small trouble of making 'em :becool:

TVC

The local Indian supermarket (if you have one) is always good for a visit - except that you may get the "I know what I like and I like what I know" brigade who might pull a funny face and refuse to even try it ... I work with someone like that, she'd never had an artichoke heart, so I ordered them as a starter when we went out for an office meal at an italian place, when they arrived she looked at them and said, "Ewww! No! I've never had those before!". So she wouldn't even try it because she'd never had it before ... now that's idiot logic for you! I just wanted to say to her, "For f**k's sake, put the god damn thing in your mouth and chew it and if you don't like it you can spit the wretched b**tard out!!!"

Pfftt!!! Snigger!

Top Bottom