What's your favourite nibble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wobbler

wobbler

TVC You took the Pfftt!!! right out of my mouth

XmisterIS call me an old softy but I don't believe in killing cute little furry things just for their heart. that's just wrong.

Shopping is all done, I've even bought some posh serving dishes to stop any complaints about eating straight from the packet.
I've gone for a mix of traditional stuff as in my o.p. Based on the advice here, I have cunningly snook in some Indian party food too.
I may have gone a bit over the top 3 different types of cheesecake, a big choccy with choccy filling cake and a Victoria sponge.
One more quick question, if it does not say. "Best cooked from frozen". Should I thaw it out or slam it straight in the oven from the freezer? It is the Vol au vent things.
Thanks for all your help.
Rich

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
TVC You took the Pfftt!!! right out of my mouth

XmisterIS call me an old softy but I don't believe in killing cute little furry things just for their heart. that's just wrong.

Shopping is all done, I've even bought some posh serving dishes to stop any complaints about eating straight from the packet.
I've gone for a mix of traditional stuff as in my o.p. Based on the advice here, I have cunningly snook in some Indian party food too.
I may have gone a bit over the top 3 different types of cheesecake, a big choccy with choccy filling cake and a Victoria sponge.
One more quick question, if it does not say. "Best cooked from frozen". Should I thaw it out or slam it straight in the oven from the freezer? It is the Vol au vent things.
Thanks for all your help.
Rich

Just whack it straight in the oven, if no-one gets botulism then you'll know it's a good'un.
cool.gif

gavintc

Guru
Marachino cherry, wrap in a small piece of bacon, put cocktail stick through to hold it together - bake till cooked; lovely combination of sweet and savoury. Always a great success at a party.

OP
OP
wobbler

wobbler

Update; It was a raging success, the spread quite surprised everyone, looked a bit like a nan's party.
Considering no none was going to have anything more than a cup of tea and a slice of cake, then beat a hasty retreat due to pre-planned, unforeseen circumstances, they all stayed and enjoyed the nosh thanks in no small way to the help I got from CCers.
I have texted a few people today, as yet no replies. May be I should have thawed the vol au vent out first. Ah well.

Thanks again all
Rich

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
now that's idiot logic for you!

Now you know how I feel with all the idiot insect haters out there, including you spider haters (dig dig).

'AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! WHAT IS IT!!!????'

I DON'T KNOW LETS KILL IT!!!'

Humans - undoubtedly the most stupid species on the planet and I would so LOVE to slap the majority of them about and tell them to get a fkucing grip! Unfortunately, Summer Stupid season is coming.

Thing is Xmister, she will have already made her mind up that she doesn't like it and will probably spit it out before she has even had a chance to taste it.

Why oh why do we think we are better and more important than any other species?? its clear to me that we are not and never will be.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I currently have several spiders in the house under the f*ck-that-bugger-is-big! threshold so we coexist happily. When they get bigger, I'll shoo them outside with a trusty glass and postcard.

Anyway, it's late - let's turn off the computers and get some sleep! ;)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I currently have several spiders in the house under the f*ck-that-bugger-is-big! threshold so we coexist happily. When they get bigger, I'll shoo them outside with a trusty glass and postcard.

Anyway, it's late - let's turn off the computers and get some sleep! ;)

Steel yourself and pick one up, they will be more scared of you and will probably just sit there looking at you! :thumbsup:

Amheirchion

I'm disappointed that the first mention of cheese-and-pineapple-on-a-stick took so long, and came after the event. :sad: They're the best damned thing about party food!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm disappointed that the first mention of cheese-and-pineapple-on-a-stick took so long, and came after the event. :sad: They're the best damned thing about party food!

I could chug cheese and pineapple all day...given the correct ratio of c+p to beer, natch. Would you go all out on the presentation and put the cocktail sticks into a spud wrapped in silver foil? :tongue:

Amheirchion

That would depend on the occasion. A small gathering, no real purpose, then no. Something more important? Then yes, you have to push the boat out. Nothing says classy like wrinkled silver foil.

Top Bottom