What's your most memorable BRVR ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin22

Favourite, most scenic, hated, etc, which ones stand out most?

Was looking back through ones ive completed and got to be some of the narrow single lane Italian ones eg Gavia, Agnello, Falzarego. Col de Fauniara nearly finished me off, only the scenery kept me going, I'd love to ride it in real life.

Quite enjoyed the steepness of col du granon as well!

So many to choose from on BRVR so post up your stand out ones!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Not my longest in time or distance. But certainly the longest in getting the legs and especially my head together to do it. Alpe d'Huez.

The turn countdown it a major form of torture, that I thought was banned. You can never quite get going at a rhythmic rate. There's always some kicker up or sudden drop in slope that just pushes you in the wrong direction performance wise, always toward the red. When you get to the end of the route where the time is taken IRL you suddenly realise you have another 2k to go to finish the ride.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
For me it's the Stelvio from Prato. The bike I have on the Trainer is a Trek 1.2 triple. I'd been using Bkool for a while before I discovered BRVR and on the climbs I was always in the granny ring. About 1/2 way up the Stelvio ride I was pleasantly surprised (if there is such a thing when on a turbo trainer) to find I was still in the middle ring and not struggling. From that point I was determined not to drop down and then started to enjoy the scenery. Managed the rest of the climb in the middle ring (39/26) then used the down hill as a cool down. On the way up I counted the bends but also noticed another set of number boards that I didn't understand the significance of, so if any one knows what they are please let me know.

Regards

Dave

So many great rides to choose from... some of the Swiss ones are very scenic and dramatic.

For me though, the two that I've actually ridden in real life will always be special - The Tourmalet (west side) and Luz Ardiden.
Both very accurate in feel to the real thing and bring back great memories.

theboxers

For me it's the Stelvio from Prato. The bike I have on the Trainer is a Trek 1.2 triple. I'd been using Bkool for a while before I discovered BRVR and on the climbs I was always in the granny ring. About 1/2 way up the Stelvio ride I was pleasantly surprised (if there is such a thing when on a turbo trainer) to find I was still in the middle ring and not struggling. From that point I was determined not to drop down and then started to enjoy the scenery. Managed the rest of the climb in the middle ring (39/26) then used the down hill as a cool down. On the way up I counted the bends but also noticed another set of number boards that I didn't understand the significance of, so if any one knows what they are please let me know.

Regards

Dave
Another I'll have to be in the right frame of mind to do :eek:

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Another I'lll have to be in the right frame of mind to do :eek:
I tried the other two BRVR routes up the Stelvio last month. Unfortunately I had to resort to the granny ring on the climbs so it looks like I'm going backwards with the fitness lark.
How did you find Pikes Peak? It's on my to do list but of all the rides that BRVR have on offer that is the one I dread the most.

theboxers

I tried the other two BRVR routes up the Stelvio last month. Unfortunately I had to resort to the granny ring on the climbs so it looks like I'm going backwards with the fitness lark.
I have a Granny gear in a way. 36/42 but even then I'm down to 70-75 cadences (at 100%) on most climbs and sometimes lower.
How did you find Pikes Peak? It's on my to do list but of all the rides that BRVR have on offer that is the one I dread the most.
I've done it in 4 bite sized pieces about an hour each. I will do it in one go someday but I'm not sure when :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom